2010 Gilmanton BBQ Cook-Off
Sunday, July 11, 2010
1. Contestants must provide all needed equipment and supplies (grill, charcoal, propane,
seasonings, utensils, etc). Gloves will be required.
2. Grills and equipment will be inspected for cleanliness prior to contest. Dirty equipment will lead to
disqualification with no refund.
3. Three people per team (maximum) allowed in the cooking area.
4. All meat is the property of the Gilmanton Community Club and cannot be sold, saved, or removed
from the cooking area except by official judges.
5. Winner announced immediately after judging (by 6 p.m.)
6. Entry forms and payment must be received by July 1, 2010.
7. Meat can be picked up after 8 a.m. First come, first served… Teams must be able to maintain
meat at or below 40° F until placed on grill.
8. No marks or branding OR GARNISHES may be placed on meat.
9. Each team shall have a 10’ by 10’ cooking area – all equipment must fit within this area.
Must prepare BOTH meats to qualify for Prizes and Trophy
Salmon Pork Ribs
2 filets of salmon will be provided Each team will be provided with two 2-lb pork rib
Salmon can be prepared as desired, but must be Ribs can be prepared as desired, but must be fully
fully cooked prior to judging. cooked prior to judging.
a. Audience judging meat can be ready at any time a. Audience judging meat can be ready at any time
b. Panel judging meat expected between 2:30 and b. Panel judging meat expected between 4:15 and
4:00 p.m. – a turn-in time will be specified at 5:45 p.m. – a turn-in time will be specified at
start of contest – late meat will not be judged start of contest – late meat will not be judged
Judging – will be based on aroma, taste, and appearance. No garnishes allowed.
Entry Fee – $50 – Contest limited to first 25 entries
1ST $100 and a traveling trophy
2ND $50 and a trophy
3RD $25 and a trophy
4TH $25 and a trophy
For more information, check us out on the web at
or contact Jed Bauer at 715-495-2959.
2010 Gilmanton BBQ Cook-Off
TEAM ENTRY FORM
Team Name: ____________________ Contact Person: ___________________
City: _____________________________ State: _____________ ZIP: ___________
Daytime Phone: _________________ E-mail: _____________________________
Entry Fee is $50
Make Check Payable To: Gilmanton Community Club
Mail Check and Entry Form To:
Gilmanton Community Club
P.O. Box 26
Gilmanton, WI 54743
I agree to abide by the Gilmanton BBQ Cook-Off rules.
Release/Waiver of Liability: In consideration of your accepting this entry, I, the
undersigned, intend to be legally bound, hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, and
administrators, waive and release any and all rights and claims for the damage I may
have against the Gilmanton Community Club, Gilmanton Public Schools, Township of
Gilmanton, or their agents, successors, sponsors and assigns for any and all injuries
suffered by myself, my team, or my guests in this event. Further, I hereby grant full
permission to the Gilmanton Community Club and any other agents authorized by this
event’s organizers to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings or
any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose. And finally, if I win I agree to
return the traveling championship trophy next year to defend it against any challengers.
__________________________ _________________________ _____________
Signature of Chief Cook Printed Name Date