MCC Gloucestershire by 97FFvq

VIEWS: 2 PAGES: 6

									                                                                                       Newland Parish Council meeting – 31 July 2012
                                                                                                                Minutes 3346 - 3371



                             NEWLAND PARISH COUNCIL
                                                Quality Council since 2007




                      MINUTES OF COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN REDBROOK VILLAGE HALL
                                       ON 31 JULY 2012 AT 1900

              [These minutes remain in draft form until approved at a subsequent meeting of the Council]

                                                   ABBREVIATIONS

CRGMC Clearwell Recreation Ground Management Committee CWVC Consortium of Wye Valley Councils
FODDC Forest of Dean District Council. GCC/MCC Gloucestershire/Monmouthshire County Council.
GH/MH Gloucestershire/Monmouthshire Highways GRCC Gloucestershire Rural Community Council.
GAPTC Gloucestershire Association of Parish & Town Councils (WV) AONB (Wye Valley) Area of Outstanding Natural
Beauty

PRESENT

        Cllrs John James (Chairman), Eric Haile, Terry Hale, Valerie Southall, Pam Travers & David Wheeler.
        District Cllr Arthur Thomas, and 3 members of the public.

3346 APOLOGIES

        Cllrs Louise Salter, Bill Evans & Alan Purvis. GCCllr Terry Glastonbury. PCSO Jenny Mansfield

3347 DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

        3347.1 The Clerk briefed members on declaring interests following the adoption of the new Code of Conduct

        3347.2 The following interests were declared:

Name                    Minute          Interest                          Reason
Cllr Southall           3354.1.1        Declarable Pecuniary              Owner of property being discussed
Richard Crighton        3355.2          Pecuniary                         Chairman of Clearwell Recreation Ground
Cllr Hale               3368            Other                             Member of FODDC

Cllr Wheeler noted his position as Treasurer of Redbrook Rovers Football club (minute 3355.3)

3348 MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 26 JUNE 2012

        It was resolved that the minutes be approved; they were signed by the Chairman:

3349 MATTERS ARISING

        3349.1 re minute 3324.1: it was reported that despite an order by the Information Commissioner Welsh Water
                                  had still not responded to the Parish Council’s enquiry
        3349.2 re minute 3324.2: it was reported that MH would resurface Upper Redbrook road by the end of 2012
        3349.3 re minute 3324.3: it was noted that the pothole had been reported to GH and should be attended to
                                  within a month
        3349.4 re minute 3332.5: it was reported that no action has been taken in respect of internet banking; all
                                  member required to sign the necessary authority and impending new legislation.
        3349.5 re minute 3337: it was reported that the ‘Fan Out‘ system had been amended
        3349.6 re minute 3339.1: it was reported that Cllrs James, Purvis and Travers had undertaken the Clerk’s
                                  annual appraisal.

3350 REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR TERRY GLASTONBURY

        Nothing to report


                            C:\Docstoc\Working\pdf\c25a162c-861d-446f-a65e-2f029cda0eee.doc** 03/10/2012 05:25** Page 1 of 6


                                                      Signed, Chairman............................................................................31/7/2012
                                                                                       Newland Parish Council meeting – 31 July 2012
                                                                                                                Minutes 3346 - 3371



3351 REPORT FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS TERRY HALE & ARTHUR THOMAS

        No reports

3352 POLICE MATTERS

       No report
t
3353 PUBLIC QUESTIONS

        3353.1 Mrs Adcock queried the reference to the Special Area of Conservation referred to in minute 3331.3
(June 2012); it was explained that this was the terminology referred to in the Local Plan document and was not the same
as a Conservation Area.

         3353.2 Mr Pearson asked that if the Parish Council were considering spending money to provide play facilities
(minute 3362) that the question be asked “how many children in the parish can be described as disadvantaged?”

3354 PLANNING

          It was agreed that in future plans would be available for inspection by members of the public and Councillors
prior to meetings.

        3354.1 FOREST OF DEAN DISTRICT COUNCIL – APPLICATIONS RECEIVED: the following applications
were considered

                LPA Ref /                 Location                                 Proposal                                    Response
                applicant
3354.1.1    P0785/12/FUL          Redbrook; Wye House             Demolition of disused shop and                      Support application,
            Mr J Southall                                         replacement with a workshop /                       request condition for no
                                                                  store                                               commercial use
3354.1.2    P0931/12/FUL          Clearwell: Post Office          Two storey rear alterations and                     No objection
            Mr D Chance           Stores, The Cross               extensions. (Demolition of
                                                                  existing outbuildings)
3354.1.3    P0916/12/FUL          Upper Redbrook: Box             Replace flat roof with new                          No objection
            Mr R Stoddard         Bush                            pitched roof & construction of
                                                                  stairs to allow internal access
3354.1.4    P0952/12/FUL          Newland: land at Cherry         Alterations & conversion of                         No objection
            Mr & Mrs Blanch       Orchard Farm                    former milking parlour to
                                                                  provide 3 units of holiday
                                                                  accommodation.
3354.1.5    P0847/12/FUL          Clearwell: The                  Alterations & extension to                          Support application
            Mr & Mrs J            Dovecote, Castle Farm           Dovecote, to replace existing
            Gunter                                                flat roof with a hipped roof and
                                                                  the replacement of external
                                                                  windows / doors
3354.1.6    P0846/12/LBC          As above                        Listed building Consent for                         Support application
            As above                                              above

        3354.2 FOREST OF DEAN DISTRICT COUNCIL – DECISIONS NOTIFIED: the following decisions were noted:

               LPA Ref                 Location                             Proposal                                       Decision
3354.2.1    P0580/12/FUL       Clearwell: The Smithy,           Alterations, extensions and re-                    Permitted
                               High Street                      modelling of existing dwelling.
                                                                (Revised scheme)
3354.2.2    P0854/12/TCA       Newland: land to South           Works to 2 x Sycamore trees                        Permitted
                               of Almshouse Road
3354.2.3    P0553/12/LBC       Clearwell: Scatterford           Listed |Building Consent for                       Permitted
                                                                internal & external alterations
3354.2.4    P0537/12/TCA       Newland: Hill House              Works to 65 x conifer trees                        Permitted
3354.2.5    P0536/12/FUL       Upper Redbrook: Mill             Alterations and extension to                       Permitted
                               House                            existing garage/workshop to
                                                                provide additional
                                                                garage/workshop. Erection of a
                                                                replacement barn for
                            C:\Docstoc\Working\pdf\c25a162c-861d-446f-a65e-2f029cda0eee.doc** 03/10/2012 05:25** Page 2 of 6


                                                      Signed, Chairman............................................................................31/7/2012
                                                                                       Newland Parish Council meeting – 31 July 2012
                                                                                                                Minutes 3346 - 3371


                                                                agricultural purposes. Minor
                                                                material amendment to
                                                                P2096/09/FUL alterations to
                                                                door and window openings,
                                                                with a first floor storage area
                                                                provided in the roof space on
                                                                approved barn.

3355 FINANCE

           3355.1 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT.

                 It was resolved to make the following payments:

 Inv ref      Chq no           Payee                  Purpose                    Amount               VAT             Cheque                       Authority
                                                                                                                       value
12/32        300604     SARA                    Revenue grant                        60.00                               60.00         LGA 1972 s.137
12/33        300605     Forest Equipment        Dog            waste                 84.00              16.80           100.80         Litter Act 1983 s.5
                        Services                collection
                                                4/5/12 - 29/6/12
12/34        300606     Clearwell Memorial      Hall hire                           200.00                               200.00        LGA 1992 s.134(4)
                        Hall                    27/7/10 - 14/6/12
12/35        300607     Abitech Systems         Ink cartridges                       20.93                4.19             25.12       LGA 1972 s.111
                        Ltd
12/36,37     300608     R Crighton              Padlocks                             39.98                                 92.68       LGA 1894 s.8(1)(i)
,39                                             Postage                              52.70                                             LG(FP)A 1963 s.5

12/38        300609     Redbrook Village        Revenue grant                       600.00                               600.00        LG(MP)A 1976 s.19(3)
                        Hall
12/40        300611     Greenfields Garden      Clearwell                       12503.90            2500.78          15004.68          LG(MP)A 1976 s.19(3)
                        Services Ltd            Recreation Ground
                                                project
12/41        300612     Redbrook Rover          Loan                              2000.00                              2000.00         LG(MP)A 1976 s19(3)
                        AFC
                                                              TOTALS            15561.51            2521.77          18083.28

           3355.2 WAYLEAVE INCOME

                 It was resolved that “this Council resolves that any funds which it receives which are rightfully due to
Clearwell Recreation Ground Committee shall, as soon as possible, be transferred to that committee.

           3355.3 LOAN REQUEST

                    It was agreed to grant a loan of £2000 interest free over 5 years to Redbrook Rovers AFC to meet the
cost of installing a parking meter. The payment is authorised at 12/41 above and to be conditioned that no private loans
are repaid until the loan to the Parish Council is repaid.

3356 HIGHWAYS & RIGHTS OF WAY

         3356.1 It was reported that GH proposed micro surfacing of the centre of Clearwell this year with resurfacing the
whole village in 2013.

           3356.2 WINTER WEATHER ARRANGEMENTS

                 Snow Wardens are Cllr Hale (Newland), Cllr Southall (Redbrook) & Cllr James (Clearwell). Snow
plough operator: Maurice Beard. Salt stocks held by Cllr Hale (Newland), Dr Pearson and Mr Green (Redbrook). There
was some query over Clearwell to be resolved at the next meeting. Councillors are expected to check the quantity in the
salt bins.

           3356.3 VERGE & HEDGE TRIMMI9NG

                  It was reported that GH had not cut this year but that it was imminent and that homeowners had been
requested to cut back over hanging vegetation.



                            C:\Docstoc\Working\pdf\c25a162c-861d-446f-a65e-2f029cda0eee.doc** 03/10/2012 05:25** Page 3 of 6


                                                      Signed, Chairman............................................................................31/7/2012
                                                                                       Newland Parish Council meeting – 31 July 2012
                                                                                                                Minutes 3346 - 3371

3357 PARISH PLAN WORKING GROUP
                                             th
        The minutes of the meeting held 17 July has been circulated; the matter was now in the hands of the Working
Group to make recommendations to the Parish Council.

3358 PARISH PROPERTIES

        3358.1 CLEARWELL WELL

                   The Clerk was asked to obtain quotes for re-mortaring the paving slabs, fixing loose roof tiles,
removing the black and white brick work and installing a metal grill. Members were asked to pass any old photographs
of the well to the Clerk.

3359 REDBROOK RIVERSIDE CAR PARK

      In response to complaints from several residents which Councillors endorsed the Clerk was asked to write to
FODDC (copy to WVAONB) lodging strong objection to the proliferation of signs in the car park (within the AONB)

3360 CHANGES RESULTING FROM THE ENACTMENT OF THE LOCALISM BILL

        3360.1 REVISION TO STANDING ORDERS

                 To consider the following changes to Standing Orders following the adoption of the new Code of
Conduct:

       Index, Standing Order 25: delete “Power of well-being” and insert “General Power of Competence”
       Clause 2 (x): delete “power of well being” and insert “General Power of Competence”
       Clause 3 (viii): add at the end “and, if possible post this information on the Council’s own web site or ensure this
        is posted on the District Council’s web site”
    
                    rd
        Clause 7: 3 line to read “A Code of Conduct as required by the Localism Act 2011 was adopted by the Parish
        Council on 26 June 2012”
       Clause 7c: delete
       Clause 7d: re-number as 7c and re-word as “A member with interests other than Disclosable Pecuniary interests
        may speak provided the public are also allowed to speak and provided he declares his interest. Having spoken
        he shall then withdraw from the meeting while the matter is voted upon.”
       Clause 25: heading, delete “Power of Well-being” and insert “General Power of Competence”
       Clause 25 (a): delete “power to promote wellbeing” and insert “General Power of Competence”
       Clause 25 (c): amend as clause 25 (a)

        3360.2 DECLARATIONS OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

                 Those members present completed a new Declaration; the remainder would do so as soon as
        possible.

        3360.3 GENERAL POWER OF COMPETENCE

                  It was resolved that this council confirms that at the time this resolution was passed
             (a) the number of members of the council that have been declared to be elected, whether at
                  ordinary elections or at a by-election, is equal to or greater than two thirds of the total
                  number of members of the council, and
             (b) the clerk to the parish council holds the Certificate in Local Council Administration, and
             (c) the clerk to the parish council has completed the relevant training”


3361 ANNUAL REVIEW OF COUNCIL POLICIES (to be undertaken by the Councillor named, by the September
meeting)

        Standing Orders - Cllr Evans or Purvis*
        Financial Regulations - Cllr Haile
        Complaints Procedure - Cllr Travers
        Risk Assessment Statement - Cllr Wheeler
        Freedom of Information Publication Scheme - Cllr James
        Data Protection policy - Cllr Purvis or Evans*
        Disciplinary procedures - Cllr Hale
                            C:\Docstoc\Working\pdf\c25a162c-861d-446f-a65e-2f029cda0eee.doc** 03/10/2012 05:25** Page 4 of 6


                                                      Signed, Chairman............................................................................31/7/2012
                                                                                        Newland Parish Council meeting – 31 July 2012
                                                                                                                 Minutes 3346 - 3371


         Grievance procedures - Cllr Hale
         Training Policy - Cllr Southall

3362 PLAY OPPORTUNITIES

         It was agreed to try to arrange a full day event with Play Gloucestershire in Newland. Cllr James to identify
land, the Clerk to see what dates are available. Youngsters from Clearwell and Redbrook would be bussed in.

3363 MEDIUM TERM PLAN

        It was agreed to form a Working Group - open to all members - to consider a Council Strategic plan for the
remainder of the Council 4 year term. Meeting to be on 28/8/12 at 1900, venue to be advised.

3364 REPORTS FROM COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES

         3364.1 COLEFORD AREA PARTNERSHIP

                  Cllr Hale reported on concerns about transport; dealt with elsewhere in the meeting

         3364.2 FOREST OF DEAN HEALTH FORUM

                  Cllr Travers reported on a talk by a hypnotherapist which she found very interesting.

         3364.3 PARISHES TOGETHER

                    Cllr Haile reported on this meeting called by Coleford Town Council to consider the retention of leisure
facilities at Five Acres should the educational facility be transferred to Cinderford. The minutes of that meeting were
released subject to them not being discussed in public)

         3364.4 PARISH PLAN FORUM TRANSPORT MEETING

                    Cllr James reported that this meeting discussed many issues; Dial-A-Ride was available for social
events, is transport an issue in the parish? (answer “yes”). The view was expressed that the creation of a Transport Co-
ordinator simply duplicated the role of such a person at GCC. It was agreed that FODDCllr Hale should be asked to
back the initiative.

         3364.5 COMMUNITY ORCHARDS

                  Cllr Southall reported on this meeting arranged by GRCC which visited several such orchards in the
county. The orchards were situated on land owned or leased by the parish councils and funding was available for the
purchase of trees and their metal guards.

         3364.6 FOREST YOUTH FORUM

                 Cllr Wheeler attended the meeting but was unable to encourage any young people to accompany him.
About 50 people attended the all-day event and the facilities that most young people wanted was a youth club and
organised trips. Grants of £50,000 are available over 3 years but requests for funding must come from young people or
their groups.

3365 CORRESPONDENCE REQUIRING ACTION - to consider the following:

         3365.1 Gloucestershire Playing Fields Association - nominations for outstanding young sports person.
                No nominations
         3365.2 FODDC - nominations for youth volunteer award. Ms Rosie Kemp to be nominated
         3365.3 Wye Valley AONB - volunteer to join the steering group for the proposed River festival 2014.
                Cllr Southall nominated
         3365.4 Clive Elsmore (FODDC Transport Champion) - suggestions for changes to existing transport provision.
                None
         3365.5 FANS (Five Acres Not for Sale): request to back the campaign to retain educational, cultural and leisure
                facilities at Berry Hill (see 3375.2 below). The Parish Council opposes the move of educational facilities
                until an unconditional guarantee is given that leisure facilities will be retained.

3366 CORRESPONDENCE FOR INFORMATION ONLY - to note the following:

         3366.1 Acknowledgement of grants awarded: Clearwell Memorial Hall, Clearwell Scouts, Forest of
                  Dean Health Forum, Forest of Dean Citizens Advice Bureau, Forest Sensory Services,
                             C:\Docstoc\Working\pdf\c25a162c-861d-446f-a65e-2f029cda0eee.doc** 03/10/2012 05:25** Page 5 of 6


                                                       Signed, Chairman............................................................................31/7/2012
                                                                                        Newland Parish Council meeting – 31 July 2012
                                                                                                                 Minutes 3346 - 3371

                  FODDC Street Wardens, Camomile Club, Clearwell Babes & Toddlers Group, FOD Age
                  Concern
         3366.2 Coleford Town Council: report of meeting “Parishes Together” re proposal to relocate college from Five
                   Acres (matter considered after exclusion of public)

3367 MINOR MATTERS

           3367.1 Clearwell litter pick - it was agreed that there was no requirement for this at present; to be considered
later in the year

         3367.2 Newsletter - it was agreed that each member would produce an article for each newsletter. Copy date
                              th
for the next edition: Friday 9 November.
                                                                                                                            th
         3367.3. Clearwell Recreation Ground project - it was reported that work should start on 10 September and be
completed (apart from tree planting) by mid October. The committee would not require all of the £3000 loan offered by
the Parish Council; a maximum of £1500 may be required and the final amount should be known by the September
meeting.


3368 PUBLIC COMMENT

         Dr Pearson reminded the meeting that the question of allotments was raised some years ago in the parish and
that no available land had been identified.

3369 ITEMS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS

         September - review grant awarding policy for 2013/14
         September - winter weather arrangements
         September - list of grant beneficiaries who have acknowledged their grant
         October - consider first draft budget for 2013/14

3370 DATES OF FUTURE MEETINGS


     Date       Time                          Meeting                                               Venue                        Final date for
                                                                                                                                 agenda items
   28 Aug      1900      Medium Term Plan Working Group                                  tba
   ? Sep       1930      Consortium of Wye Valley Councils                               Tidenham?                            ?
   11 Sep      1930      Parish Plan Working Group                                       Newland                              1 Sep
   25 Sep      1930      Parish Council                                                  Clearwell                            15 Sep
   30 Oct      1930      Parish Council                                                  Newland                              20 Oct
   27 Nov      1930      Parish Council                                                  Redbrook                             17 Nov

3371 CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS

         The confidential nature of the meeting referred to in minute 3364.3 was explained.

The meeting closed at 2125




                             C:\Docstoc\Working\pdf\c25a162c-861d-446f-a65e-2f029cda0eee.doc** 03/10/2012 05:25** Page 6 of 6


                                                       Signed, Chairman............................................................................31/7/2012

								
To top