DEVELOPING CLASSROOM RESOURCES FOR MATHS
LEARNING EXPERIENCE PLAN PROBABILITY
Educator: Mbeko Mafanya School PROTEC
Learning Experience Data Handling, Probability Grade 9
Session No Week 6 Learning Area MLMMS
LO5 DATA HANDLING
The learner will be able to collect, summarise, display and critically analyse data in order to draw conclusions and make
predictions, and to interpret and determine chance variation.
9.5.10 Considers situations with equally probable outcomes, and:
• determines probabilities for compound events using two-way tables and tree diagrams;
• determines the probabilities for outcomes of events and predicts their relative frequency in simple experiments;
• discusses the differences between the probability of outcomes and their relative frequency.
Activities of facilitator Activities of Learners Resources Assessment Strategies Estimated Time
1. Prepare resources 1. Use coins to 1. Coins (learners to 1. Questioning and 1. Coin task. 60 min
2. Arrange and manage investigate simple supply) observation for 2. Language 30min
classroom and organise probability 2. LSM, (one between information to guide 3. Single die, 30min
groups 2. Activity to link two learners) next step teaching. 4. Double die 30 to 60 min
3. Mediate and facilitate learning language use to 3. Dice (18) (formative). 5. National Lottery 30 min
4. Assess progress probability 2. Learners to do self-
5. Adapt delivery schedules and 3. Single die activity assessment using a Total approx 180 min (1
activity levels to (multiple tries Task lists after each week)
increasing chances) activity.
4. Double dice activity 3. Educator final
(combined specific assessment using same
events reducing task lists
5. National lottery
Expanded Opportunities Games. Investigation, Values & Enrichment: Analysis of gambling, National Lottery, 21, etc.
Homework: Write up answers to questions. Probability problems worksheet
Special Needs: By additional support and “Buddy System”