1. Allow oral responses to written essay question.
2. Allow students to verbalize before writing.
3. Use audio materials when necessary.
4. Extend test-taking time.
5. Modify homework assignments.
6. Read tests aloud to students.
7. Read directions aloud to students.
8. Restate, reword, or clarify directions.
9. Provide mathematic manipulatives to assist in understanding (i.e. counters,
multiplication table, calculator, ect.)
10. Restate test question.
11. Preferential seating.
12. Untimed and/or extended test taking time.
13. Modify written assignments.
14. Provide students with study guides.
15. Provide students with copies of notes.
16. Redirect students to keep them focused.
17. Provide breaks when student becomes frustrated.
18. Check agenda books for proper homework.
19. Reteach lesson in small group.
20. Intervention group based on specific need of the student.
21. Monitor progress during lessons.
22. Shorten assignments to focus on mastery of key concepts.
23. Provide support and cueing system.
24. Use mnemonic devices.
25. Graphic organizer
26. Allow the use of technology – such as word processing for writing assignments.
27. Tiered assignments
28. Chunking, or breaking assignments and activities into smaller, more manageable
29. Learning Centers
30. Independent Projects
31. Provide multiple entry points
32. Learning Contracts
33. Problem-Based Learning
34. Choice Boards
35. Portfolio assessment.