Decision No. R07-0991-I
BEFORE THE PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
DOCKET NO. 07A-212BP
IN THE MATTER OF THE APPLICATION OF SISAY BEKELE, DOING BUSINESS AS
OPTION TRANSPORTATION, FOR A PERMIT TO OPERATE AS A CONTRACT CARRIER
BY MOTOR VEHICLE FOR HIRE.
INTERIM ORDER OF
ADMINISTRATIVE LAW JUDGE
G. HARRIS ADAMS
Mailed Date: November 23, 2007
1. On June 5, 2007, Sisay Bekele, doing business as Option Transportation (Option
Transportation or Applicant), filed a verified Application to Operate as a Contract Carrier of
Passengers by Motor Vehicle for Hire (Application).
2. By Decision No. R07-0720, the Application filed by Option Transportation, as
amended, was granted.
3. Option Transportation was required to file tariffs and certificates of insurance as
required by Commission rules as well as to pay the issuance fee and annual vehicle identification
fees within 60 days of the effective date of the Order.
4. On November 13, 2007, Option Transportation sent correspondence to the
Commission requesting an extension of time in which to comply with the conditions in Decision
No. R07-0720, up to and including January 15, 2008. The correspondence will be construed as a
motion. Additional time is sought due to difficulties incurred in finding affordable insurance.
5. Based upon good cause shown, the request will be granted.
Before the Public Utilities Commission of the State of Colorado
Decision No. R07-0991-I DOCKET NO. 07A-212BP
A. It is Ordered That:
1. The motion for enlargement of time is granted. Option Transportation is granted
an extension of time up to and including January 15, 2008 in which to comply with the
conditions in Decision No. R07-0720.
2. This Order is effective immediately.
THE PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
Administrative Law Judge