DA and the Moles Worksheet Name:________________
Period: 2 3
When answering the questions, you must show all of your work. Include the proper units, cross
them out as you go. Box your answer. If it is too crowded use another paper
Consider the following:
One dozen = 12 anything
The mass of one dozen paperclips is 12 g
The mass of one dozen donuts is 287.6 g
1. What is the mass of 54 dozen paperclip?
2. What is the mass of 97 donuts?
An old pharmacological unit (also used for black powder charges) can be obtained if we
know that a 325mg aspirin tablet is also called a 5grain tablet.
1 aspirin tablet is 325 mg
5 grains in one tablet
Sand is made of SiO2
3. If so, we can calculate how many grams are in a grain and find out how many molecules
are in a grain of sand?
Now consider this:
One mole = 6.02 x 1023
The mass of one mole of carbon is 12 g
The mass of one mole calcium carbonate (CaCO3) is 100.1 g
4. What is the mass of 53 moles of carbon?
5. If you have 6.574 x 1023 atoms, how many moles do you have?
6. What is the mass of 4.65 x 1018 molecules of calcium carbonate?
How many moles is each of the following?
7. 6.02 x 1022 molecules of calcium chloride, CaCl2
8. 4.31 x 1024 atoms of manganese
9. 1.0 x 1020 molecules of butane, C4H10
Find the number of particles in each of these substances:
6.02 x 10 23 atoms
Example: 5.00 mol Au
10. 4.20 x 10-3 moles sulfur
11. 7.4 moles of CO2
Find the mass of each these substances:
12. 2.40 moles Ca
13. 3.21 x 10-3 mol H2O
14. 7.08 mol Al2O3
How many moles is in each of the following?
15. 0.800 g Sodium
16. 79.3 g Na HCO3
17. 937 g KOH
How many Br atoms in:
18. 728.6 g MgBr2
19. 6.34 x 10-5 moles MgBr2