Density Worksheet Name_______________________________
Watch out for metric conversions. Show all your work. Box your final answer.
1. What is the density in grams per milliliter of a block of wood with a mass of 425 g and has a volume of 500
2. The density of mercury is 13.60 g/mL. What volume would 544 g of mercury occupy?
3. Lead has a density of 11.4 g/cm3. What is the mass of a lead brick measuring 20.0 cm x 10.0 cm x 5.00
4. What mass of alcohol can be contained in a bottle whose volume is 480 L if the density of alcohol is
5. Concentrated sulfuric acid has a density of 1.85 g/mL. What volume should be measured out for an
experiment requiring 1.00 kg of the acid?
6. A chunk of sulfur with a mass of 22.0 g has a volume of 10.8 cm3. What is the density?
7. A shiny, gold-colored bar of metal with a mass of 57.3 g has a volume of 4.7 cm3. Is the metal bar pure
gold? Support your answer with calculations. (The true density of gold is 19.3 g/cm3.)
8. Suppose the gold-colored bar of metal in question 7 was gold, and the student measuring it had used an
uncalibrated balance. What is the percent error for this student’s result?