The Women’s Continuing Ministerial Education Trust
Applications must be made for a 12 month period only. Should further funding be
required for any project whose duration is in excess of this time, the applicant must
submit a new application form.
Please answer all questions fully ensuring you have provided supporting information
and an endorsement of your project by your CMD Officer (p.6). If you run out of
space, please continue your answers on a separate sheet.
The Completed form should be retuned to: WCMET
Great Smith Street
Any further enquiries should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
020 7898 1393 or 1396
1. Full Name
Including Religious Title
3. E-mail Address __________________________________________________
4. Telephone Numbers: Home ______________________________________
Page 1 of 7
5. Type of Ministry: Accredited Lay Worker Deaconess
Religious Sister Church Army
6. Form of tenure:
Self-supporting Stipendiary Employed (e.g. Chaplain)
7. Date of Ordination: Deacon_________________Priest________________
8. Diocese ________________________________________________________
9. Please give details of your Current Appointment:
Page 2 of 7
10. Please describe, in detail, the purpose for which you are applying for a grant.
This must be substantiated with as much supporting information as possible.
(NB: If the grant you are requesting is for a degree or a further degree you will
also be required to complete Appendix 1.)
a. Please state the duration of this project.
Start Date End Date
b. Please specify the period of time this application covers. (NB grants are only
given one year at a time)
12 months Other
11. Please explain how you feel this project might develop/assist your ministry and
in what ways it might be used to benefit the wider church.
Page 3 of 7
12. Please complete all the relevant questions below relating to the expected total
budget of your project for the year for which the grant is being applied for (NB:
Grants strictly are made on a yearly basis. Any repeat applications must be
accompanied by a “satisfactory completion of work-to-date” form from Tutor or
CME Officer). Please note that we do not normally fund travel costs or
accommodation, but details of these should still be included to help us to make
decisions on what we may be able to offer.
Cost of the Course/Conference/Project £ _______
Travelling costs (if applicable) £ _______
Accommodation costs (if applicable) £ _______
Others (please details) £ _______
Total £ _______
NB: If more space is needed, please complete information on a separate sheet.
13. Please state below if you are expecting or have obtained (please circle the
appropriate category) a Diocesan Contribution
Expected/Obtained £ _______
14. Please state below the contributions from other sources of funding you have
sought or obtained (please circle the appropriate category and write the name of
the organisation in the box provided). If you are employed please state if you
have sought funding from your employer, e.g. hospital trust.
Page 4 of 7
15. Please state the level of personal contributions towards your project. If you
would like to add a comment, please do so in the box provided below.
Personal Contributions £ _______
16. Please state the amount you wish to request from the Women’s Continuing
Ministerial Education Trust (WCMET). Should you wish to write a further
comment, please do so in the space provided below.
Amount requested from WCMET £ _______
17. Should you be successful in your application, please state whether you would
like the cheque to be sent to your home address. If not, please write the address
you would like the cheque to go to in the space provided below.
18. Signature _____________________________________Date _____________
Return to: WCMET, Ministry Division, Church House, Great Smith Street,
London, SW1P 3AZ
Page 5 of 7
Comment From the CMD Officer Endorsing this Application
In what ways do you expect this course to develop the applicant’s work and ministry
a) On a personal level
b) In relation to the wider church
Please give information on the reasons for the level of Diocesan contribution for this
candidate. (Question 13)
Please give any other supporting or relevant information to help us in our
Signature _____________________________________________Date __________
Name ____________________________Title _______________________________
NB: Please ensure that questions 12 and 13 are complete
Page 6 of 7
If you are applying for a grant to help you with the costs incurred in completing a
Degree or Further Degree, please answer the following section.
NB: If this is a repeat application you do not need to fill in this section but must
return the Completion of (or part of) Project Form sent with your cheque. Thank you.
1. What degree is being applied for, and through what institution?
2. What is the length of the research thesis to be written for the degree?
3. What is the title area of the research project to be undertaken?
4. Has a formal application to the relevant university already been made? With what
outcome? Who will supervise your research?
5. If applying for a research degree, what preparation have you undertaken in
6. Please write a small rationale for the proposed research, refer to Question 10 of
the Application Form.
Page 7 of 7