HARNETT COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
County Administration Building
102 East Front Street
Lillington, North Carolina
Results of Board Meeting
October 1, 2007 9:00 a.m.
- Order of Business –
1. Call to order – Chairman Teddy J. Byrd
2. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation – Commissioner Gary House
3. Consider additions and deletions to the published agenda
Add to consent agenda: Adjustment of EMS bill
Delete from consent agenda: item G. Creation of Animal Control position
4. Consent Agenda: All items on the consent agenda, except deleted item G. were approved,
including addition of EMS bill adjustment
B. Budget amendments
C. Tax refunds and releases
D. Authorization to accept Division of Aviation Grant (Vision 100)
E. Work authorization for Airport layout Plan
F. Memorandum of Agreement with D.O.T. regarding instrumental landing systems
G. Creation of new Animal Control position to patrol towns - deleted
H. Agreement between Public Utilities and Utility Technology Engineers-Consultants
I. Change orders for Harnett-Fuquay wastewater project
J. Write-off of returned check
All consent agenda items have been reviewed by the county manager and are recommended for
approval by the Board.
5. Period of up to 30 minutes for informal comments allowing 3 minutes for each presentation
- Mid-Carolina Workforce Development Board – Jonathan Shannon Johnson, Avis
M. Smith and Brenda Moody
7. Public hearing on proposed economic incentive agreement with Gray Metal South, Inc. –
Randy McLean, Economic Development Planner
Public hearing was held. The proposed agreement will be considered at a later
8. Presentation regarding proposed Voluntary Agricultural District Ordinance –
Gary Pierce, Agricultural Agent, Cooperative Extension
The Board scheduled a public hearing regarding the matter to be held at the next
regular Board of Commissioners Meeting, October 15th.
9. County Manager’s report – Neil Emory, County Manager
10. Closed session to discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or
other businesses in Harnett County.
11. New Business
12. Adjournment: 10:15 a.m.