WASHINGTON STATE ARTS COMMISSION ART IN PUBLIC PLACES PROGRAM
CURATOR ROSTER REVIEW CRITERIA RUBRIC 2010
APPLICANT NAME: _____________________
Based on your review of all application materials, assign points to each criterion using the following scale:
3 = Strongly Agree
2 = Somewhat Agree
1 = Somewhat Disagree
0 = Disagree/ insufficient evidence to evaluate
Please make notes to support your decisions or to raise any questions/points for panel discussion. These forms
will be collected at the close of the panel review meeting.
Review Criteria Points Notes
Knowledge of professional artists* and curatorial experience
1. Demonstrates knowledge of a wide array of
professional artists in the Northwest.
2. Demonstrates a current professional
relationship to professional artists and/or
galleries in the Northwest.
3. Demonstrates experience curating
exhibitions/collections with individual works of art
valued at $2000+.
Expert knowledge of one or more artwork
1. Demonstrates expertise in art forms, either
contemporary or traditional, through education
or experience in areas such as: collage, drawing,
fiber, glass, light, painting, photography, print,
sculpture, sound, video, Northwest masters, and/or
indigenous art forms.
2. Understanding and interest in responding to the
physical site and community context.
3. Understanding and interest in responding to
Ability to professionally complete projects
1. Demonstrates effective time management.
2. Demonstrates ability to work within an established
3. Demonstrates professional communication.
4. Demonstrates ability to effectively work with
committees and/or diverse partners.
*Professional artist means a person who has formal artistic training; and/or has professional exhibition,
performance, or publication experience; and/or who is recognized by critics and peers as skilled in art-making.
Notes / Questions: What unique qualities or abilities stand out for you? What questions do you have about this