Information about Hurricanes
• A Hurricane is a huge cyclone with very powerful winds that
can destroy a lot.
• The word Hurricane came from the word “Huracan” a Mayan
• Hurricane season begins June 1 and ends Nov. 30.
• Hurricanes are very powerful and can cause power surges,
flooding, and high winds.
• (Q) What do you do before a hurricane
• (A) You keep calm and think before you say
something so you don’t make anyone panic.
Also have a disaster plan and a pet plan ready.
Board up your windows and bring in outdoor
Things to know
Eye-The low pressure center of a tropical cyclone.
Surrounded by the most intense area of the
storm and at a huge contrast inside the eye winds
are normally calm and sometimes the sky clears.
Eyewall-The ring of thunderstorms that
surrounds a storm's eye. The heaviest rain,
strongest winds and worst turbulence are
normally in the eyewall.
• (Q) What do you do during a hurricane?
• (A) You stay away from low lying and prone
flood areas. Also stay indoors during a
hurricane, because strong winds will blow
stuff around. One more thing if emergency
managers say evacuate then do immedetly.
• That is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoped you liked it!!