Ulster County Transportation Council
Applicants must submit a complete application package comprised of the following:
1. A brief Cover Letter that includes a list of projects for which proposals are being
2. Two (2) unbounded copies of the completed photocopy-ready applications and two (2)
electronic copies in .pdf or Microsoft Word for each new project and/or each previous
TIP project with substantial project scope or funding changes. A separate application
package must be completed for each project for which federal funds are requested.
3. Two (2) 8 ½ x 11 photocopy-ready maps and two (2) electronic maps in a .jpg or .pdf
format illustrating project location both locally and regionally for each project must be
prepared and submitted with each application. Maps should provide sufficient detail to
determine the project’s location in Ulster County with basic references to adjacent
geographic features. Completed application package materials must be sent to the
One (1) copy of the completed application package for each project must be
submitted to: Jean Gunsch, UCTC Staff, 4 Burnett Boulevard, Poughkeepsie,
NY 12603, Tel.(845) 431-5725, Fax (845) 431-7919, e-mail:
And one (1) copy of the completed application package for each project
must be submitted to: Bill Tobin, Ulster County Planning Board, 244 Fair
Street, PO Box 1800, Kingston, NY 12402-1800, Tel.(845) 340-3340, Fax
(845) 340-3429, e-mail: email@example.com
4. Applicants are responsible for the accuracy of project cost estimates.
5. All project applications must clearly demonstrate a project’s link to, or consistency with,
the UCTC’s Year 2030 Long-Range Transportation Plan.
6. All applications must be signed and received by the date noted in the project solicitation
letter. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered and returned to
the applicant. Applications may be mailed, hand delivered or e-mailed prior to the closing
date. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
7. All applicants are responsible for understanding the Federal Aid Process and the Federal
Aid Eligibility of projects proposed.
An electronic copy of this application is available for downloading at the following web site:
All applications must be complete when submitted.
The UCTC application form must be used.
Applications that do not use this form will be returned to the applicant.
UCTC Roadway TIP Appl 2 FFY 2008 - 2012
ULSTER COUNTY TRANSPORTATION COUNCIL
Transportation Improvement Program
- Application Form -
The application form is the most critical form in the process of applying for Federal Aid projects
through the Transportation Improvement Program. This form must be completed as this application
will be the basis of evaluating the project for funding. Incomplete application forms will be returned to
the project sponsor.
It is important to be as comprehensive and detailed as possible when providing project details,
descriptions, and objectives. Additional supporting materials may be submitted. This form must be
completed for all projects.
You may need technical assistance when completing this application. Below is a list of key contacts to
help assist you with your technical and general inquiries.
Name Agency Phone Fax E-mail
Kristine Edwards NYSDOT 845-431-5856 845-431-5988 firstname.lastname@example.org
John Hodos NYSDOT 845-431-5723 845-431-7919 email@example.com
Russ Robbins NYSDOT 845-431-5978 845-431-7923 firstname.lastname@example.org
Transit David Markowitz NYSDOT 845-431-5743 845-431-7919 email@example.com
Mircea Catona UC Public Works 845-340-3120 845-340-3113 N/A
Traffic Signals Mark Morano NYSDOT 845-575-6048 845-575-6126 firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety Data Charlie Schaller UC Traffic Safety 845-334-5579 845-334-5561 N/A
Cost Estimates Mike Scheafer NYSDOT 845-431-5848 845-431-5711 email@example.com
Traffic Counts John Hodos NYSDOT 845-431-5723 845-431-7919 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rich Peters NYSDOT 845-431-5723 845-431-7919 email@example.com
LeRoi Armstead NYSDOT 845-431-5934 845-431-7923 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean Gunsch NYSDOT 845-431-5725 845-431-7919 email@example.com
Doug Cotton NYSDOT 845-431-5884 845-431-5988 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Tobin UCTC 845-340-3340 845-340-3429 email@example.com
UCTC Roadway TIP Appl 3 FFY 2008 - 2012
ULSTER COUNTY TRANSPORTATION COUNCIL
- Application for Roadway Paving Projects -
GENERAL PROJECT INFORMATION (Required)
Existing Project Identification Number (PIN): (New PINs to be assigned by NYSDOT)
Project Location & Limits (attach required Regional and Local Maps):
Implementing Agency (if different from Applicant):
UCTC Roadway TIP Appl 4 FFY 2008 - 2012
Project Description (Please attach additional pages if necessary):
Project Justification/Problem Identification (Please attach additional pages if necessary):
In the space provided, please identify the project objective:
If applicant is proposing multiple projects, what is this project’s priority? (e.g. 1 of
x projects with “1” representing the applicant’s highest priority):
UCTC Roadway TIP Appl 5 FFY 2008 - 2012
DETAILED INFORMATION (Required)
Estimated Project Costs and Schedule:
Project Total Project Federal Funds Fund Source
Phase Cost ($) Requested ($) (to be assigned by NYSDOT)
S,P $ $
D $ $
N $ $
R $ $
C,I $ $
O $ $
Total $ $
S,P – Scoping and Preliminary Engineering R – Right of Way Acquisition
D – Detailed Design C,I – Construction and Inspection
N – Right of Way Incidentals O - Other
a. Estimated Project Costs and Schedule is based on:
Preliminary Engineering Report
Plan, Specifications & Estimate Review (PS&E)
Project Cost Estimates Prepared by NYSDOT
b. Likely source(s) and amounts of matching funds (assume a 20% local match requirement):
Source of Matching Funds Dollar Amount
UCTC Roadway TIP Appl 6 FFY 2008 - 2012
Does the project advance the recommendations of a recently completed plan or study?
If yes, please describe in the space provided (include date of recommendation):
In the space provided, describe any supportive local policies/regulations in place/pending that support
the project’s success:
Does the project enhance the region’s attractiveness to new and/or existing businesses?
If yes, please describe how this occurs in the space provided:
In the space provided, include all other information that supports this project for potential inclusion in
the TIP. Examples include, but are not limited to, social aspects, replacement impace, bypass/closure
Does the project address a specific or potential safety problem? Yes No
If yes, please describe how this project addresses a specific or potential safety problem:
UCTC Roadway TIP Appl 7 FFY 2008 - 2012
ROADWAY-SPECIFIC INFORMATION (Required)
1. What is the current Functional Classification? Principal Arterial
Rural Minor Collector
Rural Major Collector
2. What is the proposed Functional Classification? Principal Arterial
Rural Minor Collector
Rural Major Collector
3. What is the Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT) of this facility:
4. What is the length of the project in feet?
5. What is the number of lanes?
6. What is the Pavement Condition Score of this facility? (to be completed by NYSDOT):
Pavement Condition Score:
7. Is the project on a transit route? Yes No
If yes, which route?
8. Is the project on a designated emergency services route? Yes No
9. Is the project on a school bus route(s)? Yes No
10. Does the project add travel lanes (capacity)? Yes No
11. Does the project include bicycle accommodations? Yes No
UCTC Roadway TIP Appl 8 FFY 2008 - 2012
12. Does the project include pedestrian accommodations? Yes No
13. Does the project include transit accommodations? Yes No
14. Does the project include goods movement accommodations? Yes No
15. Does the project address a high accident location or other safety concern? Yes No
If yes, please identify in the space below specific concerns and how they are to be addressed:
UCTC Roadway TIP Appl 9 FFY 2008 - 2012