• The mission of Woodland Heights
Elementary is to provide a safe, positive
learning environment which nurtures all
children in their pursuit of academic
excellence, emotional, physical, and social
growth with the support and cooperation
of students, parents, staff, and the
5th Grade Curriculum
Follow the instructions below to view curriculum for 5th grade.
From the Iredell Statesville school website:
1. Click on departments
2. Click on curriculum
3. Click on elementary education
4. Click on grade 3-5
5. Click on 5th grade
6. Click on parent friendly curriculum guide
Testing in 5th Grade
• Testing consists of three predictive
assessments this year in reading and
• Students will have one science predictive
• Students will be required to take reading,
math and science EOGS in May.
Report Card Scale
E Below a 70
Weekly Vocabulary and DOL
• This grade will be hand written on the
• Weekly vocabulary and DOL will impact
whether or not your child meets the
requirements for honor roll as well as the
other grades on their report card.
• Conference time will be here before we know it.
Information will come home within the next
• If your child is labeled AIG, you will be required
to set up a conference in order to discuss and
develop a DEP (differentiated education plan)
Teachers will communicate through e-mail and weekly
Monday or Friday folders.
Nancy Banister firstname.lastname@example.org
Erica Bonge email@example.com
Patty Clark firstname.lastname@example.org
Haley Munksgard email@example.com
Marie Palma firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlene Weber email@example.com
• Most classes require 20-30 minutes of nightly reading in
• Nightly math and reading homework will vary from
teacher to teacher.
• All classes have a DOL test and a vocabulary test each
week. (Be looking for these to come home)
Teachers have gone over their homework policy in class.
If you have any further questions, please contact that
Any student receiving an infraction will be required to
walk for 5 minutes during recess. The infraction is to be
signed by a parent and brought back the next day.
• Homework infractions: Students who forget their
homework will receive an infraction slip. Two infractions
for missing or incomplete homework within the same
week will require silent lunch on Friday.
• Behavior infractions: Students who misbehave will
receive an infraction and will have an automatic Friday
Students who have no infractions or one
infraction for no homework will be
rewarded with Friends Friday. Friends
Friday allows students to sit by their
friends from other classes during lunch.
Accelerated Math and Reading
• Accelerated math has been purchased
through PTO funds and will be primarily
used for remediation and enrichment.
• Accelerated reading is not used in 5th
grade, however if students still would like
to take tests, computers are available.
• Study Island is now only available for
Thank you for coming and that
concludes curriculum night. If you
have any further questions, please
contact your child’s homeroom
teacher for a conference.