Model Showing Hierarchy of Questions
Topic for Research Project: Holocaust
1. Why is it important to remember the Holocaust?
2. How do lessons of the Holocaust effect us today?
Focus Question: What was the Holocaust?
Questions to guide search for information:
1. Where did it happen?
2. When did it happen?
3. Who was involved?
4. What happened to the victims of the Holocaust?
5. How was the world changed by this event?
6. Why is it important to remember the victims?
7. What other events in history can it be compared with?
Harada, Violet H. and Joan M. Yoshima. Assessing Learning. Westport, Connecticut: Libraries