Connecting Fiction to Reality
Directions for creating a fantastic presentation!
Slide 1: Title page
• Title of Project
Slide 2: World Issue Slide
• Inform your audience of the real world issue
(main idea) and why it’s important for people
to know about it.
Slide 3: Nonfiction Article Summary
• State the title and author.
• State the central idea in one complete
• Create a bullet list of 3-5 details that support
the central idea.
Slide 4: Fiction Connection
• Connect the central idea of the
nonfiction article to a theme of
the fiction piece read in class.
• Create a compare/contrast
graphic organizer that shows
the meaningful similarities and
differences between the two
Slide 5: Cite and Paraphrase a
• Cite a quotation from the nonfiction article
that you think best connects to the theme of
the fiction piece.
• Paraphrase the quotation (restate in your own
• Explain how this quotation connects to the
theme of the fiction piece.
Slide 6: Now What?
• Evaluate the importance of this world issue to
society. Leave the audience with a new
understanding of the issue and how it impacts