RODDY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
(Current Undergraduate Students)
The Roddy Memorial Fund has been established to provide an annual scholarship for a
Rutherford County Human Sciences major. The recipient must be a graduate of a
Rutherford County public or private high school. The recipient will be selected annually by
a Human Sciences faculty committee and announced at the annual Awards Banquet. Payment
of the award shall be made in the fall and spring semesters. The amount will be determined by
the endowment’s accumulated interest each year.
1. A major in one of the Human Sciences areas and graduate of a Rutherford County
public or private high school with preference given to residents of Lascassas or
2. Classification of freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior in the spring semester and
having at least one remaining semester.
3. Scholarship (minimum 3.0 GPA).
4. Financial need.
6. Must be a full-time student during semesters for which scholarship is funded. One-
half of the scholarship shall be awarded for each of the semesters.
7. Submit official university transcript that indicates current GPA.
8. Application must be printed legibly in blue/black ink or pull from
website and type (keep in format).
Completed application returned to the Human Sciences office by January 29, 2010
RODDY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
M #: ___________________________________________________________________
High School from Which You Graduated
Year of Graduation Cumulative Grade Point Average
Check all semesters for which you are applying.
Summer 2010 Fall 2010 Spring 2011
1. List your University and Community activities.
Organization/Association Activity/Role Date/Year
2. List any previous awards or recognition that you may have received in College.
Organization/Association Award/Recognition Date/Year
List past & current scholarships you have received toward College.
Scholarship Amount Date/Year
List the loans and/or grants you have received or will receive for College.
Include amount, source and years.
Loan/Grant Year Amount
How many semesters have you been on the Dean’s List? _________________
3. One of the criteria of this scholarship is a demonstrated financial need. Therefore, the
following information is important to aid the Scholarship and Awards committee in
the selection process and will be kept confidential.
A) Sources of financial support (check all that apply):
_____ Self-supporting ________________
_____ Parents ________________
_____ Grants ________________
_____ Spouse ________________
_____ Scholarships/Awards ________________
_____ Loans ________________
_____ Other ________________
For what percentage of your college expenses are you responsible? ______%
For what percentage of your college expenses are parents responsible? ______%
Are you employed while in school? _____ Yes _____ No
If yes, what is your job position and how many hours do you work per week?
Describe how this scholarship would help you finance your college education. Discuss your
primary source of funding for your college education and any financial obligations that you
may have (add additional sheets if necessary.)
4. Describe your professional goals and how this award would help you to attain them.