Criteria for Award of Certificate of Excellence
1. The nominee should be for a governor who has given something over and above the call of duty
to the school. For example, a governor may have given specific support to the school at a
2. Long service is not in itself enough to warrant an award.
3. One nomination per year can be made by either the Headteacher or the Chair of Governors
4. Awards will be given annually at the LASGB Annual Conference in May.
5. The last date for nomination therefore will be the end of March. Any nominations received after
this date will be held over to the following year.
6. Nominations will not be accepted posthumously - but awards may be made.
7. The Executive Committee will have responsibility for approving the award.
8. The committee decision is final and no appeal process is valid.