OFFICE OF THE SUPERINTENDENT
ALLENDALE PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
To help keep everyone informed, please note the following highlights from the
Allendale Board of Education’s August 20, 2012 Public Session. Minutes of meetings
are posted on our website at: www.allendaleschoolsnj.com. If you have any comments
or questions, please feel free to contact us at 201-327-2020 ext. 306, or by email –
HIGHLIGHTS – MONDAY, AUGUST 20, 2012 BOE MEETING
● Superintendent’s Report: Summer Programs, Summer Facilities Work, District is Fully
Staffed; Borough Road Closures, New Staff Orientation.
● Personnel: Approval – Substitute; 7th Grade Social Studies Teacher and Mentor; Hillside
School Music Teacher’s maternity leave replacement; revised salaries for Brookside Summer
● Education: First reading of Policies/Regulations 3281 and 4281
● Special Education: Approval – retroactive payment to staff for Summer Transition Program,
testing for a 504 student; tuition for Summer Camp; changes in aides’ assignments for the
school year; contract with Conductive Education Therapist.
● Business Office/Finance: Approval – Reports of Secretary and Treasurer, bill lists and
transfers for June and July; Professional Development Workshops; Summer Arts Academy
Budget; Inter-local Services Agreements with NHRHS for subcontracting services of an IT
Technician and for the services of the QUAD District Curriculum Coordinator for 2012-2013;
proposal request for Flexible Spending Account and appointment of National Benefit Services to
provide related services for the FSA.
● Buildings & Grounds: Approval – Amendments to the District’s Long Range Facility Plan;
Integrated Pest Mgmt. Plan; appointment of Borst Snow Mgmt. for snow removal.
NEXT MEETING: MONDAY, _SEPTEMBER 10, 2012 – 8:00PM