RiverGate Homeowners Association, Inc.
Board of Directors Meeting
March 24, 2010
The meeting was called to order by Mary Brucculeri at 4:45 p.m. on March 24, 2010 in
the meeting room of the Watson Realty office. Notices for the meeting were posted in
compliance with notice requirements and it was established that a quorum was present.
Board Members present: Mary Brucculeri and Mary Ann Heslin.
A quorum of the board was established.
Also present was Shelley Chapman and Lea Stokes of Preferred Management Services.
The organization of the Board is as follows:
Mary Brucculeri – President
Harry Leslie – Vice President
Mary Ann Heslin – Secretary/Treasurer
A motion was made by Mary Ann Heslin to approve the minutes with one spelling
correction from the previous meeting of the Board of Directors and the Special Owners
meeting on February 17th. This was seconded by Mary Brucculeri and passed
The Management Report was presented by Shelley Chapman. See attached. The
following discussions took place based on the management report:
Book Rountree on Saturday, April 10th at 10:00 a.m. for the community
The Board approved the installation of annuals at the entrance to the pool parking
lot at an approximate cost of $900.00 per year.
The Financial Report was presented by Lea Stokes. Lea stated the association is over
budget in the administrative line of postage. She encouraged all owners to fill out the
email authorization form as it will save the association these costs. The association is
under budget in landscaping, pool and fountain maintenance and contingency
maintenance. The operating accounts are good to the budget. A copy of the financials, an
aged owner report and a spreadsheet concerning delinquencies was presented. Please see
Pat Petraglia read the minutes of the previous ARC meeting.
Discussion was had on the dead sod on some properties. Management will drive with
Rountree to determine which turf will not recover. Then violation letters will be sent out
Bill Gordon stated the Social Committee had not met so they had nothing to report. He
did remind all owners the Annual Neighborhood Party would be held the next Saturday
and to contact him for information.
The compliance committee had nothing to report.
The Grounds Committee report was presented by Bill Sullivan. He reported the pool
cracks had not yet been repaired. Management will contact Coody Custom Pools to
determine the reason. The leak in the irrigation still remains. Management will contact
Rountree. Bill reported the PMSI pool and janitorial services were completing their jobs
in an excellent manner.
Discussion was had concerning the new style of mailboxes used by Seagate. Management
had previously received the mailbox information from Seagate. Management will post
this information on the website.
The Board requested management contact Seagate to ask if they would install poles and a
chain to block off the parking lot area being used by non-residents waiting for the school
bus. Management will also ask if the sign about the model be removed or changed to new
Discussion was had concerning Rountree damaging the base of the houses with the
trimming equipment. The wire from the trimmer is removing paint and stucco and the
insulation from the water lines. An owner stated the pine bark mulch is getting piled
higher than the base of the house which creates water intrusion.
Woody Shugart stated the association would need to plan for a pedestrian gate in the
future. When the construction gate will be closed all the time the school children will
need to get in and out. Mary Brucculeri stated the parents could provide the children with
a clicker. Another suggestion was having the gates open for an hour in the morning and
an hour in the evening for the children.
Discussion was had concerning buying security cameras and additional lighting for the
gates. Bids for this have been received and the project would cost approximately
$8,100.00. Mary Brucculeri stated the three options the association has: 1) Decline to
install. 2) Take the needed monies out of the operating account now with the possibility
the budget would need to be adjusted next year. 3) Call a special owners meeting to hold
a vote for a special assessment. Management will seek further information concerning the
cameras getting an image of the license plates and contact the Board. This topic will be
placed on the agenda for the next Board meeting.
There being no further business to bring before the board the meeting was adjourned at