TEACHER: Ms. Miranda
COURSE LENGTH: 2 Terms
PREREQUISITE: Spanish I & II
GRADE LEVEL: 11, & 12
CLASS CAPACITY: 10 students
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Spanish III is a mastery foreign language course.
Students review basic daily vocabulary terms; basic grammatical procedures; basic
writing and listening skills; and introductory speaking and reading comprehension.
GRADING PROCEDURES: Students will be evaluated on the following criteria on a
ten point scale: Effort/Participation; Quizzes/Tests; Written compositions; Oral
projects; Grammar/vocabulary worksheets; Reading and listening comprehension;
and Cultural awareness.
MODE OF PRESENTATION: Methods used in this course include textbooks;
videos, songs, individual study; listening activities, worksheets; small and large
group work, oral presentations; and games.
STUDENT KNOWLEDGE TO BE GAINED:
1. To build vocabulary and spelling skills.
2. To increase reading and writing skills.
3. To introduce students to real world career opportunities.
4. To introduce students to listening and speaking skills.
5. To promote cultural awareness and tolerance.