Sports Literature, Semester 1
Outside Reading Assignment
1. Select a biography or an autobiography of any athlete.
2. Once you have borrowed, checked out, or bought the book, bring it to
school and show it to Ms. Conant for 20 points. Due: Tues. Oct. 2nd
3. Read the book.
a. Take notes on each character
a. identify the character
b. write a few notes about the character’s personality, their
role in the story, etc.
b. Write a summary of each chapter
4. Create a brochure providing information about the athlete you have
read about. Class time may or may not be provided.
5. To make your brochure, I recommend using Microsoft Publisher, (but
you can use any format you choose).
* Open Microsoft Publisher
* Choose “Brochure”
* Select any brochure designed to dispense “information”. The
attached sample was created using “Blends Informational
* Input information
* Submit for credit
Tue 10/2: Submit book to Ms. Conant
Mon 11/26: Book should be halfway finished and notes turned in!
- I will be checking off your chapter summaries
through half of your book on this day!
Fri 1/11: Final Draft of Brochure due; worth 200 points
Chapter Summaries due; worth 100 points
(10% of final grade)