Neptune Technology Group Inc. is a pioneer in the development of Automatic Meter Reading (AMR)
and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) technologies with over nine million radio frequency meter
reading devices installed in the United States in approximately 2,500 different water utilities.
Additionally, we manufacture a full line of industry-leading NSF/ANSI compliant lead free metering
products to water utilities throughout North America. In business since 1892 Neptune provides utility
management systems, service, and support to help our utility customers manage their resources more
efficiently and more effectively serve their customers. If you’re looking for a career with an innovative
company using the latest technology and learning from the best minds in the business, join Neptune and
TAKE CONTROL of your future.
Software Project Engineer
The Software Project Engineer designs, develops, and implements new products and/or provides
engineering support for existing products. The individual in this role performs project management and
coordination with others in R&E, Marketing, and Manufacturing for new products. He/she develops
project schedules and budgets and insures compliance with both. The Engineer can function as Project
Team Leader for small projects.
This position is for our data collection software application groups. Our data collection software runs on
Windows CE handhelds and embedded computers, as well as Micro Linux. Help us design mission
critical turnkey applications designed to run 7x24 with little to no user interaction.
1. Perform product design and evaluate options to meet the specifications, cost, and schedule
requirements. Perform and submit to peer audits to insure integrity of the product design and
conformance to professional and departmental standards.
2. Work with Marketing and Management to define project specifications, schedules, budget, and
project justification. Evaluate and develop the resource requirements for projects and negotiate
with Management to insure those resources are available. Make presentations and participate
in project acceptance to convey current project information.
3. Responsible for insuring the performance of products to be delivered to the customer.
4. Maintain expertise in current and emerging technologies and apply them to new products.
Develop new ideas and inventions for use in products.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or
Experience: 3 years in engineering design and development
- Expertise in mobile development using Windows CE with embedded Visual
C++ is required.
- Expertise in other mobile platform development preferred.
- Embedded software development experience preferred.
- Experience with relational database concepts and SQL is recommended.
Special Training: Project Management, PDP
Specific skills and experience in addition to those listed above may be required
for specific positions.
Location: Tallassee, Alabama or Plano, Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V