EQUIPMENT REMOVAL PROCEDURE FOR THE REMOVAL OF
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT FOR SURPLUS OR RECYCLING
1. Download the Request for Equipment Removal form available at:
2. Fill out the form.
a. If any computer equipment to be surplused or recycled was originally purchased
through Technology in Maryland Schools (TIMS) grant funds, put a “Y” in the
second column (“DEVICE PURCHASED WITH TIMS GRANT FUNDS?”)
b. Send one copy of the form to Supervisor, Office of Instructional Technology,
Timonium Complex to document the removal of equipment originally purchased
with TIMS funds.
3. Send one copy of the form to Linda Garrett, Department of Technology, Timonium
Complex for processing.
4. Linda will send the approved, coded Equipment Removal form back to the school.
5. Take the completed, coded Equipment Removal form:
a. Place a piece of masking tape on each device with the corresponding code
(“R=Recycle” or “S=Surplus”).
b. Physically separate the “R” and “S” equipment into two groups.
c. Fill out a separate Transfer Requisition form
http://www.bcps.org/offices/csc/support/files/TREC.pdf for each group.
d. Tape a copy of the Equipment Removal and Transfer Requisition forms to
each group of devices that awaits pickup.
e. Fax “R” and “S” Transfer Requisition forms along with a copy of the completed
approved Equipment Removal form to the Distribution Center (Fax # 410-887-
6358) for ultimate removal of equipment from the school building.
6. The Distribution Center will make arrangements to pick up the equipment.
7. The Distribution Center will pick up the materials.
8. The school must notify Linda Garrett via email that the materials have left the building.
9. Linda will then remove the items from the school’s inventory.
Baltimore County Public Schools
Office of Instructional Technology: Equipment Removal Procedure for the Removal of Computer Equipment for
Surplus or Recycling
October 2007 – revised January 2008