Seminar on Medical Image Analysis 520.746/600.746
1. C. A. Pelizarri, G. T. Y. Chen, D. R. Spelbring, R. R. Weichselbaum, and C. T. Chen, “Accurate
Three-Dimensional Registration of CT, PET and/or MR Images of the Brain,” J. of Computer
Assisted Tomography, 13, January/February 1989, pp. 20-26.
2. P. Besl and N. McKay, “A method for the registration of 3-D shapes,” IEEE Transactions on
Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 239-256, Feb, 1992.
3. Lisa Gottesfeld Brown, “A Survey of Image Registration Techniques”. ACM Comput. Surv.
24(4): 325-376 (1992).
4. C. R. Maurer and J. M. Fitzpatrick. “A review of medical image registration”. In Maciunas, R. J.
(ed.), Interactive Imageguided Neurosurgery, pp. 17-44, American Association of Neurological
Surgeons, Parkridge, IL, 1993.
5. P. A. van den Elsen and M.A. Viergever, “Medical image matching - a review with
classification”, IEEE Engng. Med. Biol. vol. 12, pp.26-39, Mar. 1993.
6. W.M. Wells III, P. Viola, H. Atsumi, S. Nakajima, R. Kikinis. “Multi-modal volume registration
by maximization of mutual information”, Medical Image Analysis. 1996. 1:35-52.
7. F. Maes, A. Collignon, D. Vandermeulen, G. Marchal, and P. Suetens, “Multimodality image
registration by maximization of mutual information”, IEEE Trans. Med. lmag., vol. 16, no.2,
pp.187-198, Apr. 1997.
8. C. Studholme, D.L.G. Hill, and D.J. Hawkes, Automatic three-dimensional registration of
magnetic resonance and positron emission tomography brain images by multiresolution
optimization of voxel similarity measures, Med. Phys., vol.24, no.l, pp.25-35, Jan. 1997.
9. J. West, J.M. Fitzpatrick, M.Y. Wang, B.M. Dawant, C.R. Maurer, Jr., R.M. Kessler, R.J.
Maciunas, C. Barillot, D. Lemoine, A. Collignon, F. Maes, P. Suetens, D. Vandermeulen, P.A. van
den Elsen, S. Napel, T.S. Sumanaweera, B. Harkness, P.F. Hemler, D.L.G. Hill, D.J. Hawkes, C.
Studholme, J.B.A. Maintz, M.A. Viergever, G. Malaandain, X. Pennec, M.E. Noz, G.Q. Maguire,
Jr., M. Pollack, C.A. Pelizzari, R.A. Robb, D. Hanson, and R.P. Woods, “Comparison and
evaluation of retrospective intermodality brain image registration techniques”, J. Computer
Assisted Tomography, vol.21, pp.554-566, 1997.
10. J.M. Fitzpatrick, D.L.G. Hill, Y. Shyr, J. West, C. Studholme, and C.R. Maurer, Jr., “Visual
assessment of the accuracy of retrospective registration of MR and CT images of the
brain”, IEEE Trans. Med. lmag., vol.17, no.4, pp.571-585, Aug. 1998.
11. B. A. Maintz and M. A. Viergever, "A survey of medical image registration," Medical Image
Analysis, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1-36, Apr, 1998.
12. J-P Thirion, “Image matching as a diffusion process: an analogy with Maxwell’s demons,”
Medical Image Analysis, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 243-260, 1998.
13. R. P. Woods, S. T. Grafton, C. J. Holmes, S. R. Cherry, J. C. Mazziotta. “Automated image
registration: I. General methods and intrasubject, intramodality validation.” Journal of
Computer Assisted Tomography 1998; 22:139-152.
14. D. Rueckert, L. I. Sonoda, C. Hayes, D. L. G. Hill, M. O. Leach, and D.J. Hawkes. “Non-rigid
registration using free-form deformations: Applications to breast MR images”, IEEE
Transactions on Medical Imaging, 18(8):712-721, 1999.
15. J. West, J.M. Fitzpatrick, M.Y. Wang, B.M. Dawant, C.R. Maurer, Jr., R.M. Kessler, and R.J.
Maciunas, “Retrospective intermodality registration techniques for images of the head:
Surface-based versus volume-based”, IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., vol.18, no.2, pp.144-150, Feb.
16. M. Holden, D.L.G. Hill, E.R.E. Denton, L.M. Jarosz, T.C.S. Cox, T. Rohlfmg, J.
Goodey, and D.J. Hawkes, “Voxel similarity measures for 3-D serial MR brain image
registration”, IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., vol.19, no.2, pp.94-102, Feb. 2000.
17. J.V. Hajnal, D.L.G. Hill, and D.J. Hawkes, eds., Medical lmage Registration, Boca Raton, FL:
18. Dinggang Shen and Christos Davatzikos, "HAMMER: Hierarchical Attribute Matching
Mechanism for Elastic Registration”, IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, Nov 2002.
19. Y.M. Zhu, “Volume image registration by cross-entropy optimization”, IEEE Trans. Med.
Imag., vol.21, no.2, pp.174-180, Feb. 2002.
20. Y.M. Zhu and S.M. Cochoff, “Influence of implementation parameters on registration of MR
and SPECT brain images by maximization of mutual information”, J. Nuclear Medicine,
vol.43, no.2, pp.160-166, Feb. 2002.
21. Y.M. Zhu and S.M. Cochoff, “Likelihood maximization approach to image registration”, IEEE
Trans. Image Processing, vol.11, no.12, pp.1417-1426, Dec. 2002.
22. J.P.Pluim, J.B.A.Maintz, and M.A. Viergever, Mutualinformation-based registration of medical
images: A survey, IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., vol.22, no.8, pp.986-1004, Aug. 2003.
23. C.V. Stewart, Tsai Chia-Ling, B. Roysam, “The dual-bootstrap iterative closest point
algorithm with application to retinal image registration”, Medical Imaging, IEEE Transactions
on, Volume: 22 , Issue: 11 , Nov. 2003, Pages:1379 – 1394
24. G. Tarantola, F. Zito, and P. Gerundini, “PET instrumentation and reconstruction algorithms
in whole-body applications”, J. Nuclear Medicine, vol.44, no.5, pp.756-769, May 2003.