Supersedes all previous Rules TRENT VALLEY AVIATION SOCIETY (TVAS) Issue 13 - June 2010
RULES & REGULATIONS 2011/2012 - No:____
1. The Committee will consist of a Treasurer, elected to that specific post by members present at the AGM, and up to seven other committee members elected by
members present at the AGM. All nominees for committee positions must be explicitly proposed and seconded; including those retiring, but willing to stand for re-
2. Membership of the Society is by the approval of the Committee.
3. The Committee has the power to co-opt additional members to serve as extra members of the Committee as they deem necessary.
4. At least 50% members of the Committee must stand down each year and no Committee member can hold office for more than two years without re-election.
5. Rule changes and/or application to wind up the Society can only be made at an Extraordinary General Meeting or at an Annual General Meeting. Notification of
these matters must have been given in the agenda for such a meeting, to be issued at least seven days in advance of the meeting.
6. The annual membership fee will be proposed by the committee, and reviewed and approved by the members present at an AGM. The membership fee agreed at the
AGM will become due immediately following that AGM, which will normally be held on the usual meeting night in June.
7. A quorum for a meeting shall consist of :- a) AGM or EGM: - 25% of the total membership b) Committee: > 50% of Committee members.
8. An Auditor will be appointed annually, and must sign the Financial Report prior to presentation to the AGM.
9. Other organisations may be affiliated to the Society, as deemed appropriate by the Committee. Members of these organisations have the same rights as full
members of TVAS except with regard to voting, in which the affiliated organisation will have one vote on behalf of its members.
10. Members must not commit any act which would bring disrepute to the Society. In particular, the name of the Society should not be used, except for official Society
visits, to gain access to airfields or other establishments.
11. Members deemed by the committee to have abused the privileges of membership may be expelled at the discretion of the Committee.
12. Any member may call an EGM provided it is properly proposed and seconded, and supported in writing to the committee by at least 10% of the membership,
including the proposer and seconder.
13. Membership of the Society is available only to those aged 18 years or over.
14. Under 18s may attend society events (at no charge), when accompanied by a parent or guardian who is already a member of the Society.
15. Members of the Committee must be bona-fide full members of the Society for the duration of their tenure.
16. Members must not divulge any passwords or other security devices controlling access to the Members Only area of the web site, or allow access to others to the
newsletters published by the Society.
Supersedes all previous Rules Application for Membership of TVAS Issue 13 - June 2010
I __________________________________ have read the Society Rules, and in accepting membership of the Trent Valley Aviation So ciety agree to abide by these
rules. I also accept that anyone participating in any activity organised or run by the Trent Valley Aviation Society does so entirely at their own risk. Neither the Trent
Valley Aviation Society, nor its officers, may be held liable for any accident, loss, or injury, however so caused, during the course of Society activities.
(*) Note: In the interests of security, TVAS is committed to supporting the authorities around East Midlands Airport, such as the local Police, Special Branch, etc,
and from time to time TVAS may be asked to share information it holds about its members with these authorities (NB not Airport Security). Such information will be
used only to ease the identification of legitimate aviation enthusiasts, and will confer absolutely no additional access rights to TVAS members. Please indicate when
asked below if you do NOT wish your details to be passed on when requested.
Signed : ____________________________________ Date : ________________ Phone Number (Home): ___________________________
Full Name : __________________________________ Nationality : __________ Phone Number (Mobile): ____________________________
Phone Number (Work): ____________________________
Address : _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Post Code : ______________ Email Address : ___________________________________________________________________________
My Address/Telephone number may be held on a computer database: YES / NO
My Address/Telephone number may be circulated amongst members: YES / NO
I have an email address and am prepared to have any Flyers emailed to me: YES / NO
I have an email address and am prepared to have any Newsletters/Meeting Notices emailed to me: YES / NO
I agree my details may be passed to the authorities (see above *) when requested: YES / NO
for TVAS. - Signed : ____________________________________________________ Date : _________________________________
Please send the whole sheet to:- Trent Valley Aviation Society; 1, Broadgate Avenue, Beeston, Notts, NG9 2HE. 2011/2012 - No: ______