Apprenticeship: Warehousing and Storage Apprentice x
Employer : Office Innovations (Nottingham) Location: Nottingham, NG9 4AA
Sector: Retail and Commercial Enterprise Framework: Warehousing
Duration: 1-2 years AVoL Ref: VAC000204097
Listing Date: 19/09/2012 Closing Date: 01/10/2012
Interview Date: 04/10/2012 Start Date: 08/10/2012
1. VISION APPRENTICES
Vision Apprentices is the largest Apprenticeship Training Association in the country, working with numerous local and national
businesses in a range of industries. We offer an extensive range of apprenticeship opportunities in a diverse selection of careers.
As a subsidiary company of Vision West Notts, in 2010 and 2011 we enjoyed and celebrated an 85.7% apprenticeship
achievement rate, the highest in Nottinghamshire.
1. EMPLOYER DESCRIPTION
Office Innovations look at the bigger picture; it is not just about providing a desk and a chair but the whole environment.
Their portfolio spans from office desking to leisure and breakout furniture to educational furniture and health care and they
believe in creating innovative workplace solutions whilst working in partnership with their clients.
Office Innovations pride themselves on being a dedicated interiors business sourcing largely British manufactured products
complying with global furniture manufacturing standards of BIFMA, ISO 1001 and ISO 9001.
For full details please visit www.officeinnovations.co.uk
2. THE APPOINTMENT
The successful candidate will be working in a busy warehouse and will be responsible for picking stock for dispatch and
supporting warehouse processes and procedures.
Office Innovations (Nottingham) are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated warehouse and storage apprentice to
support in the smooth running of their busy warehouse. You will be working alongside an experienced member of staff and be
supported to complete a warehousing and storage apprenticeship .
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate
experience, qualifications and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have the confidence to deal with various individuals and groups. You will be supported to undertake
recognised qualifications whilst gaining invaluable on-the-job experience. You will need to be a team player, reliable, adaptable,
conscientious, and able to work to instructions.
Weekly Wage: £2.65 per No. hrs/wk: 37 Working Week: Mon- Fri 9am – 5pm
Vision Apprentices has strong links with the industry sector and following on from successful completion of this apprenticeship
there maybe the opportunity for progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship.
3. THE POST
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Support all day-to-day warehouse operations to ensure appropriate management of customer orders and customer
shipments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Assist warehouse manager; receiving and stocking; unload trucks, open crates and containers, check in products, sort
and place products on racks and shelves according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, and colour or product
Adhere to all safety standards throughout the facility. Maintain security and integrity of the warehouse and all
Picking and packing of items
Pick and match items using internal schedules to verify both item numbers and quantities ordered.
Keep the warehouse clean and tidy
Use computerised systems to track and load orders
1. To attend college and complete course work on time and to a high standard.
2. To conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
3. Uphold and promote company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including
Equality and Diversity.
4. Keep up to date, so far as necessary, for the efficient executing of your job, with new legislation, procedures and
5. To be conversant with and participate in activities and developments relevant to the post.
6. To maintain strict confidentiality and discretion at all times.
7. To present and promote an appropriate public image in representing both Vision Apprentices and our clients.
8. To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the post.
1. CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION
We will review your application against the criteria below when considering your suitability for the role, only applications which
clearly demonstrate with evidence that they meet the essential criteria will be short-listed for interview. Desirable criteria are
those that enhance your capacity to do the job but can be required once in employment.
You must provide evidence to demonstrate you meet the criteria within your Essential Desirable
application form to be short-listed
Good IT Skills
Communication and motivation skills (Written and verbal)
Initiative to work on own or as part of a team
Accept responsibility for your own work and its delivery
Continuously work to improve your own performance
Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Follow established procedures and keep accurate records
Attention to detail
Excellent communication and time-management skills with the ability to work independently
with little supervision in a fast- paced environment
Enthusiastic about the position
Due to the nature of the work must be physically fit
Minimum Entry Qualifications and experience:
4 GCSE grades A to D or equivalent are required, specifically Maths and English
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This is a weekly paid post and you are required to work a week in hand.
2. You may be required to work on a flexible basis.
3. You may be required to attend day release in Mansfield on a weekly basis.
4. You will be entitled to receive statutory minimum annual leave.
5. You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work and will be expected to travel as
6. Shortlisted applicants will be subject to a pre-screening assessment and diagnostic, which may take place at Vision
West Notts Derby Road, Mansfield.
7. LEARNING PROVIDER
West Nottinghamshire College is placed in the top 10% of all colleges within the UK for results. Awarded outstanding by Ofsted
in 2008 and earning Beacon College status in 2009, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing
work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult
apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
8. TRAINING PROVIDED
This apprenticeship allows you to study towards a recognised qualification whilst in an employed position, as part of your
apprenticeship the programme will consists of:
1. Job-specific s training through working alongside experienced staff
2. A National Vocational Qualification (NVQ Level 2 and/or 3) focusing on:
1. The standards required for your specific occupation
2. The competencies required to carry out the job
3. A breakdown of the contents of the jobs within your specific occupation into tasks called units of competences
4. The performance criteria required to do jobs and tasks completed through witness testimony, tests and
3. A Technical Certificate focusing on:
1. The theoretical knowledge required in an occupation
2. Underpinning knowledge of the NVQ
4. Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and IT)
1. Dependent on your prior attainment you may need to be assessed in a literacy, numeracy and ICT skills which
are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successfully completion you will be awarded additional
certificates of recognition.
5. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
6. Possible Enhancements
7. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
From the 1st October 2011, the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices aged 16-18, and those aged over 19 who are in
the first year of their Apprenticeship, is set at £2.60 per hour.
The NMW applies to time working and time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by the
age categories above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate to their age.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH A CURRENT CONTACT NUMBER AND/OR EMAIL ADDRESS CAN BE ACCEPTED
Please note there will be a pre-screening process for all applicants and a practical test as part of the interview.
In the event that there are excessive numbers of applicants, candidates who can demonstrate a high level of interest or
experience, will be preferred and will be shortlisted against the criteria.