Joint Operations 4/C______________________________________
1. Define JV 2010.
2. What major step was taken in 1986 toward the development of Joint Operations, and what
were three of its provisions?
3. Define what the fundamental of Joint Warfare “Maintaining Freedom of Action” means.
4. What is informational superiority?
5. Complete the following table.
Position Member Service
Admiral Vern Clark
General James Jones
6. What is the difference between Combined Forces and Coalition Forces.
7. List the Fundamentals of Joint Warfare
8. What has been the primary driving force behind globalization?
9. Name three major military information exchange systems.
10. What does it mean for the military to be purple?
11. What does MOOTW stand for, and what are six kinds of operations that it entails?
12. What is the term used for when nations retain control of their deployed forces during
a multinational operation?
13. Explain how Joint Operations were used during the Civil War.
14. What is Focused Logistics?
15. How were Marines and Navy SEALs used in Joint Operations during Operation Desert
16. True or False: Halting globalization is impossible.
17. Who develops the US National Security Strategy?
18. How many military and civilian personnel is the Joint Staff restricted to?
19. What does mean for a nation to be given Lead Nation Command?
20. Will you take the selfless initiative to write PPQs for your 4/C next year and all
subsequent years thereafter? Will you apply this concept throughout your career?