K-3 Grade Program Content
Elements Of Fitness (EALR 1)
1. Develop and demonstrate an awareness of aerobic endurance,
muscular strength, muscular endurance, and flexibility as it relates to
their health and fitness so they can perform to health related
2. Understand the components of fitness.
Fitness Activities (EALR 4)
1. Develop physical skills (locomotor, nonlocomotor, and manipulative)
that contribute to health and fitness.
2. Develop fitness awareness and vocabulary while participating in basic
skills, lifetime activities, and team and individual sports.
3. Demonstrates rules and proper safety procedures while participating
in health related fitness activities.
4. Introduce and understand fitness goal setting as it relates to the fitness
5. Begin to understand and demonstrate sportsmanship, teamwork,
leadership, enjoyment, and fun in managing social and emotional well
Nutrition and Diet (EALR 2, 3)
1. Introduce the six food groups
2. Introduce the food guide pyramid
3. Introduce the six food nutrients of water, fats, proteins, carbohydrates,
vitamins, and minerals.
4. Introduce health risk factors.
5. Introduce consumer knowledge
Social and Emotional (EALR 1, 2, 3, 4)
1. Students will demonstrate enjoyment of fitness and health classes
while participating in a wide variety of activities such as small group
games, lifetime activities, and successful movement experiences.
2. By setting realistic attainable personal goals, students will learn to
evaluate and challenge themselves toward personal improvement.
3. The students will demonstrate good leadership by setting good
examples, modeling appropriate behavior, and following rules with
positive encouragement for others.
4. Students will demonstrate teamwork by participating in cooperative
activities, developing partner skills, showing respect, and accepting
diversity with a variety of cultures.