CLASS: B.Com. C.A. 11A/173
St. JOSEPH’S COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS) TIRUCHIRAPPALLI – 620 002
SEMESTER EXAMINATIONS – APRIL 2011
TIME: 3 Hrs. MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
SEM SET PAPER CODE TITLE OF THE PAPER
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM AND
IV 2009 08UAC430208
SECTION – A
Answer all the questions: 20 x 1 = 20
Choose the correct answer:
1. ________ are the people who use an information system or the information it produces.
a) End users b) Users
c) Resources d) Models
2. ________ is the technology of building and using machines with computer intelligence.
a) PLC b) Robotics
c) Process control d) CIM
3. ________ are general guidelines that direct and constrain decision making with an organization.
a) Strategies b) Procedures
c) Policies d) Rules
4. The output of an ________ query is typically displayed in a matrix format.
a) Analysis b) Programming
c) Planning d) OLAP
5. ________ works directly with relational databases.
a) ROLAP b) MOLAP
c) HOLAP d) None of these
State True or False:
6. System design specifies how the System will accomplish the objectives.
7. Process control is the use of computers to control an ongoing physical process.
8. Systems development management means managing activities.
9. ERP system can run on a variety of hardware and network configurations.
10. ERP implementation methodology involves the various processes and procedures that
constitute the condition for formulating the actual implementation of ERP projects.
Fill in the blanks:
11. _________ is data about the performance of a system.
12. _________ Systems are automate the productive process.
13. _________ are more specific, measurable elements of a goal.
14. A _________ is a database used for reporting.
15. _________ is an integration framework composed of a collection of technologies and services.
Match the following:
16. E-commerce - a) Numerical control
17. Machine control - b) System development
18. IS function - c) Mediation & Federation
19. ERP component - d) Buying & Selling
20. Integration pattern - e) Business Intelligence
SECTION – B
Answer all the questions: 5 x 7 = 35
21. a) Define IS. Explain its framework.
b) What is a System? Write its concept.
22. a) List out and explain five targeting components in Marketing IS.
b) Write a short note on Transaction Documents.
23. a) Define IRM and explain its conceptual framework.
b) What ae the types of Organizational Planning? Explain.
24. a) List out the different types of OLAP.
b) Define Data Mining. Write its four classes of tasks.
25. a) What are the differences between ERP Systems and Ecommerce applications?
b) Explain: Project Management.
SECTION – C
Answer any THREE questions: 3 x 15 = 45
26. Describe the overview of Information System.
27. Elucidate the concept of DSS.
28. Illuminate the Global IT Management.
29. Discuss the problems addressed by supply Chain Management.
30. Enumerate the steps of ERP implementation Life Cycle.