Shepherd’s Vineyard HOA
Board Meeting Minutes
October 29, 2009
Present: Tom Haynie, Franc Umana, Kim D’Amico, John Sperath, and Jim Wickham.
Management: Tammy Williams with PPM, INC.
Guest: Joyce Billotte, Ed Hajnos (Pool Board President), Eric Justason (Pool Board Treasurer), Aaron Corder (Pool
Board Secretary), and Kent Lamb (Pool Board VP of Communications)
Meeting was called to order.
The pool board members present introduced themselves as well as the HOA Board members. Tom welcomed them to
our meeting. Tom began to explain his meeting with Vincent and corrected statements that had been shared of the
HOA wanting $15000 from the pool for maintenance of the tennis courts. The Pool Board explained some of their
large expenditures that are coming up with regards to the pool upkeep and the limited amount of funds available at this
time as well as lower membership this year.
Tammy explained the agreement that was made in 1998 between the HOA Board and the Pool Board and that the
current agreement required a ratio of membership of the pool and the SV HOA members to contribute to the
maintenance of the tennis courts. The ratio figures at this time would require the pool to contribute 24.3%. Since
1998, the HOA has spent over $27000 toward the maintenance of the tennis courts and at no time has ever asked the
pool for any funds regardless of the agreement. There are no intentions at this time to request any funds. The only
thing the HOA has requested is a written agreement to allow for the installation of the equipment for the tennis court
security system to be installed in the pool cabana. This agreement has been obtained and no there are no further issues
at this time.
Several members stated that the Board wants to team up with the pool to hold block parties and other social events and
would be willing to assist in recruiting more membership for the pool. We would like to work together with the pool
for the betterment of the community.
One request was made to the pool board to allow the stream restoration contractor store a 40’ container in the parking
lot to store the materials needed during the work. Ed will contact Frank to find an agreeable location for this container.
The Pool Board and Joyce then left the meeting.
Motion was made, seconded, and passed to approve the September meeting minutes.
The financial report was reviewed.
Architectural Committee is going well with no issues at this time.
Need volunteers to do the Yard of the month for next year. Tom will no longer have time to do that. We will discuss
further at the next meeting.
Landscaping – path will be blown of leaves tomorrow.
Kim has received information on the grants and will forward to the Board for review.
The priority list for the greenway repairs was discussed. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to complete the
entire first priority list. Tammy will contact Frank with the go ahead to begin.
Discussion on location of the rock that will be removed from the stream. Several ideas were mentioned. Could store it
at the end of the greenway behind Food Lion to allow homeowners to take it. Could have Frank deliver to homeowners
interested if he is hauling in a gator or other type of vehicle. Tammy will discuss with Frank the best plan for this.
There is a “no trespassing” sign on a mailbox that needs to be removed. Tammy confirmed it is in the covenants. She
will send letter asking for removal.
The next meeting will be the annual meeting on November 12th at the library.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned.