Environmental Science is the study of the ecosystem and the flow of energy
in it, its stabilities, its changes and the human impact on it. You will study
Environmental Science in a variety of ways. Lecture, laboratory,
investigations, worksheets, homework and educational videos are the main
methods of instruction in this course.
The GOALS of this course are:
1. acquire skills necessary to complete scientific investigations
2. master the concepts vital to understanding Environmental Science
and using these concepts on the Georgia High School Science Test.
3. incorporate mathematics into science and relate its importance in
4. become a self-sufficient and motivated student
1. Scientific Methods and Processes – Semester 1
2. Studying Earth – Semester 1
3. Ecological Interactions – Semester 1
4. Biomes – Semester 1
5. People in the Global Ecosystem - Semester 2
6. Energy Resources – Semester 2
7. Resources in the Biosphere – Semester 2
8. Managing Human Impact – Semester 2
9. Introduction to Biology - Semester 2
Daily Class work/Labs 40%
Final Exam 15%
ASSIGNMENTS missed due to an EXCUSED absence must be
made up within 5 days of the assignment.
LABS will be made up after school within 5 days of the
absence. If it is not possible to make up the lab, the teacher may
give an alternative assignment.
TESTS will consist of 4 essay questions and/or problems and
must be made up either before or after school within 5 days of
3 Ring Binder
Pencil/Black or Blue Pen
Be on time and in your seat when the bell rings.
Bring all materials to class.
NO food or drink in the classroom.
Stay in your seat.
Do your own work.
RESPECT others right to learn and my right to teach.
Always follow written and oral directions.
Clean up any mess you make.
Take the investigation seriously and always follow safety rules.
“PLAYING” during lab time or using equipment
inappropriately will result in a ZERO for that lab grade and/or
termination of lab activities.
Teacher: Mrs. Weis