Position Description: Our ideal candidate writes beautiful code. A creative
problem solver, you will bring awesome designs to life for our world-class client.
A hard-working team player skilled in matching strategic direction with rock solid
code and functionality who knows consistent code makes for happy browsers.
I. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with the client team to produce quality websites, and apps that function
across multiple browsers and devices.
II. SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
● 2-5 years relevant professional experience
● Java, or other server side language (PHP, ASP, etc)
● Strong CSS skills, CSS3 a plus
● Ability to reverse engineer code and navigate large file systems
● Basic understanding of Apache/Linux and SSH
● Experience with web developer tools such as Firebug
● Experience with XML and XSLT
● Have strong oral and written communication skills
EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING IS A PLUS:
● Groovy and or rails
● Apache Tiles
● GIT or SVN repositories
● Be proactive seeking out tasks, communication, and updating status
● Be willing to ask for assistance when roadblocks impede progress
● Be able to explain complex technical problems in plain English
● Be able to define requirements and take on tasks with minimal supervision
and juggle multiple deadlines
● Be confident handling/coordinating multiple tasks with changing priority
● Display reliability and integrity
● Show willingness to learn new technologies during a project lifecycle
● Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
Interested candidates should e-mail their cover letter, resume and work-related
references or a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Web
Developer” in the subject line of your reply.
While we appreciate your interest, only persons selected for an interview will be
Please visit www.theredspace.com for more information about the media
clients we support.