Job title: Marketing Assistant
Reports to: Marketing Campaigns Executive
To support the Marketing Campaigns Executive to deliver a range of marketing campaigns
that help meet the College’s recruitment objectives, taking specific responsibility for detailed
aspects of these campaigns as required.
1. To undertake a wide range of marketing activities to support the Marketing Campaigns
Executive on a variety of campaigns, using both online and off-line media such as direct
mail, newspaper advertising, outdoor media, social media, email marketing and radio.
2. To support the curriculum areas in developing, project managing and marketing specific
recruitment campaigns for their areas.
3. To represent the College at exhibitions, school events and other community events as
necessary. Attendance will involve travel and some evening and weekend work.
4. To support the Marketing Campaigns Executive to produce timely and detailed
recruitment campaign plans.
5. To manage individual campaign budgets (within an overarching budget) and monitor
appropriately to ensure cost effective delivery of activities.
6. To liaise with internal and external suppliers, such as printers, advertising agencies and
7. To work with the Graphic/Digital Designer and within the College’s brand guidelines and
templates to produce marketing materials.
8. To work with relevant colleagues in the marketing team to ensure that there is an
integrated approach to promoting events on-line, via social media platforms and through
9. To be responsible for monitoring stock levels of promotional items and prospectuses,
preparing materials for events and loaning equipment to other departments in line with
marketing procedures, in liaison with the Marketing & Events Co-ordinator.
10. To design and order the College’s promotional give-aways, including carrier bags, pens,
bookmarks etc as directed by the Marketing & Events Co-ordinator.
11. To collate and maintain an accurate database of intermediaries using the College’s CRM
and ensure all key publications are distributed to these in a timely manner.
12. To maintain the College’s campaign diary and distribute it to key internal staff on a weekly
basis in liaison with the Marketing Campaigns Executive.
13. To develop and maintain an effective filing system for suppliers, publications and
14. To manage and maintain the team’s diary, sickness reporting and holiday records.
15. To act as a team player, helping colleagues by taking telephone calls and leaving
16. To deputise and provide cover for other members of the team as required.
17. To support the Marketing team at key college events.
18. To undertake any other duties as appropriate assigned by the Marketing Campaigns
Executive or Director of Sales & Marketing.
To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people
and vulnerable adults and for raising any concerns in line with College procedures.
Equality and Diversity
To be responsible for promoting equality and diversity in line with College procedures.
Health and Safety
To be responsible for following health and safety requirements in line with College policy
Training and development
To participate proactively in training and development including qualification
development required in the job role.
PERSON SPECIFICATION - Marketing Assistant
Qualifications/ GCSE Mathematics and English A professional marketing
Training (grades A to C) or equivalent qualification
A degree-level qualification in a
Equality and diversity training
marketing or a business related
subject, or an equivalent level ECDL or ITQ Level 2 or
professional marketing equivalent
Knowledge/ At least 1 year’s recent experience Experience of working in a large,
Experience of working in a marketing or complex organisation
Evidence of building effective
Experience of managing projects and consistent relationships with
from start to finish internal/external clients and
Knowledge of direct marketing
techniques Numerate, with experience of
preparing and monitoring
Evidence of high performance in budgets
Experience of working
Experience of working effectively
effectively in a customer
with people from diverse
Evidence of understanding how to
promote equality and diversity
within the job role
Skills/ Good IT skills, particularly Copywriting and copy editing
Abilities Word/Excel skills
Ability to promote the College’s
outstanding reputation and carry
out College business appropriately
and professionally at all times
Excellent oral and written
Ability to work on own initiative
Ability to plan, prioritise and
manage own workload
Ability to multi-task, keeping track
of 15-20 projects at any one time
Ability to consistently support a
high quality learning experience for
Ability to consistently create a
welcoming and supportive
environment for students and/or
Ability to make a positive
contribution to the team and work
co-operatively, valuing and
respecting others’ expertise and
Ability to meet deadlines under
pressure, regularly balancing
Ability to communicate effectively
and confidently face to face, on the
telephone and in writing with a wide
range of people
Excellent attention to detail and
high level of English grammar
Special Flexible approach to work and
Requirements working times, including working
evenings and weekends
Ability to withstand the rigors that
the duties of this role involve,
including lifting, carrying and
Ability to travel to events, taking
marketing materials as required,
without using public transport
Responsibility for promoting and
safeguarding the welfare of
children, young people and
vulnerable adults and for raising
Ability to form and maintain
appropriate relationships and
personal boundaries with children,
young people and vulnerable
Willingness continuously to update
skills and knowledge
Willingness to work at all locations
where Bedford College provides a
Awareness of health and safety
requirements relevant to the job