Willy Wonka Questions
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Answer the following questions in complete sentences:
1. What raw materials does Wonka use throughout the movie?
2. Describe the demand for Wonka’s candy:
3. Given the demand for his product, what could Mr. Wonka do with his prices?
4. How does Wonka use the process of vertical integration?
5. What are some tactics Wonka uses to stay ahead of his competition?
6. What is Wonka’s labor supply? Why is this a good source of labor for him?
7. Is the Wonka factory a safe place to work? Imagine that you were a government
inspector checking out the plant. What concerns would have for worker safety?
8. On the back of the paper give examples of how Wonka is both a “Captain of Industry” (a
good guy) and a “Robber Baron” (bad guy).