Central Services Manager
LIABILITY CLAIMS ADMINISTRATION
RFP NO.: 912-L-118
ADDENDUM NO.: 1
To: All Bidders:
Please see the answers to the following questions we received on this bid package.
1. Will Travelers continue to provide insurance, and at what level? Or, will there be another carrier who provides
insurance or excess coverage?
The carrier has not yet been determined. Travelers is the current carrier and is expected to offer a renewal proposal.
Other carriers are offering proposals in response to marketing of the account by our insurance agent, Coyle-Varland
Insurance Agency, Inc.
2. What will the retention level be?
The self-insured retention is $500,000 per occurrence for the lines of coverage described in the RFP. Underlying
coverage provides $1,000,000 limits with a $10 million umbrella.
3. Should we plan to take over open claims?
4. Should we plan on providing access to our on-line Risk Management Information System?
YES, please quote as an option with two (2) users.
5. Section 4.1 asks for Vendor ID number – what is that?
We are asking for the vendors FEIN or Taxpayer Identification Number.
6. Would you like to see life of contract, cradle to grave, or both for pricing?
Please provide both options.
7. Please provide breakdown of the 43 General Liability claims by Bodily Injury and Property Damage.
As the Detail Loss Report provided with the RFP shows, a majority of the 43 claims were closed with no payments.
Four claims are open with bodily injury.
All other portions remained unchanged.
A copy of this addendum or a reference thereto must be included with your bid or the bid will not be read or
If you have any questions please contact the Central Services Division at (815) 987-5560.
DATED: September 14, 2012
FINANCE AND PERSONNEL COMMITTEE
Carrie Eklund, Central Services Manager
City of Rockford, Illinois USA
425 East State Street Rockford, Illinois 61104-1068 USA
815-987-5560 800-380-7175 fax www.rockfordil.gov