Tori H olm es-Kirk 27 Gov. Winthrop Rd Sommerville, MA 02145 Phone: (309) 212-4739
Website: www.torikirk.com/portfolio/ E-Mail: [Your E-Mail]
Web Designer and Developer
• 15+ years of experience designing and building awesome websites.
• Experienced in all aspects of website production, from server setup to wire frames, design and development.
Owner at 1980 Creative Media LLC Nov 2010–Present
• Design and development of custom websites for a wide variety of clients.
• Integration of the Facebook Graph API / Facebook Connect login into custom web applications.
• Design and development of custom WordPress themes and plugins.
• Development of custom CMS tools using the CodeIgniter framework.
Website Manager at The John Marshall Law School Apr 2010–Dec 2011
• Oversaw day-to-day operations and maintenance of the school’s web presence.
• Managed the overall redesign and restructuring of the school’s website.
• Designed a new homepage, which brought the site up 70+ positions in the Georgetown ranking of law school websites.
• Developed a custom, database-driven web application for managing the school’s various online academic journals.
• Designed and developed microsites, email campaigns, and other interactive materials for the school.
• Assisted in the development of the school’s social media initiative, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Web Developer at United Airlines Apr 2009–Apr 2010
• Updated and maintained the company intranet as part of United’s internal new media group.
• Transitioned the intranet to a new XML-based format, including front-end development and building XSLT style sheets.
• Developed a custom, collapsible menu system with jQuery, which was utilized across the site.
• Produced several short 3D animations and still shots in Maya, which were used in internal marketing campaigns.
Media Developer with DNA Digital Media Group Dec 2008–Sep 2009
• Produced digital assets for various interactive marketing campaigns.
• Designed and developed assets and code for several Flash-based interactive touch screen kiosks.
• Designed and produced assets for McDonalds, Harley Davidson, Kodak and the Mirage Hotel and Casino.
• Designed the user interface for several touch-based games, as well as a proprietary video messaging application.
Director of Development at DreamCo Design Dec 2005–Sep 2008
• Designed and developed websites of different types, including custom web applications, flash-based websites,
ecommerce sites, blogs, and small business marketing websites.
• Utilized existing open source software including WordPress, Zen Cart, OS Commerce, PHPbb and Gallery 2.
• Developed custom websites in a LAMP environment, including a proprietary CMS.
• Served as lead designer for websites, animations, and print-based marketing tools.
• Managed projects completed by our internal and offshore staff.
Columbia College of Missouri [2010–2014] School of Communication Arts [2004–2005]
BS, Computer Information Systems Certificate, Digital Animation
Development: Front-End Web Development, Back-End Web Development, PHP Development with MYSQL, LAMP Environments,
REST and DRY methods, Web Standards, Search Engine Optimization, Git, and Github
Design: Web Design, Graphic Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Maya, Web Accessibility, Usability
Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, Google+, Hootsuite, Facebook API, and Twitter API integration.