KAMPALA – UGANDA
Tel : 0414-304-500
Fax : 0414-304-520
BURKINA FASO - CÔTE D’IVOIRE - DJIBOUTI – GABON - MAURITANIE –
RÉPUBLIQUE CENTRAFRICAINE - SÉNÉGAL - TOGO
The French Embassy informs applicants that they have to come personally to explain the purpose of
their application with the following compulsory documents:
- One application form completely and correctly filled, dated and signed by the applicant
- One recent passport size photograph
- A passport or a recognised travel document valid at least 6 months after the expiry of the
- Non Ugandan citizens require a Ugandan Residence Permit in their passport valid at least 6
months after the expiry of the requested visa.
- Air ticket and its copy or at least a flight booking.
- Invitation letter from the business partner / family relative / host in the name of the applicant + its
- Recommendation letter from the employer :
Introduction of the employee
Purpose of the trip
Sponsorship including medical expenses if applicable
- Identity card + its copy
- Hotel booking + its copy
- Proof of financial means if sponsorship not applicable:
bank statement duly certified by the bank manager
Credit Card, etc
Cash is not considered
If you are travelling with children under 18 years old:
Please note that both parents must sign the application form; please bring a birth certificate for each child +
its copy. A Parents’Permission is requested if the child is travelling alone or with one parent only.
Applicants are informed that:
- the presentation of the requested documents does not necessarily mean a visa will be issued
- they can collect their passport within 48 hours if the file is complete
- the application fee must be paid in Uganda Shillings only and is not refundable
- copies of documents shall be provided with the application form the day of the interview.
NB : For Gabon + Mauritania + Djibouti (for more than 10 days of stay)
For Centrafrican Republic (for more than 30 days of stay)
The visa must be requested 2 weeks before the date of departure.
For Togo: the French Embassy can not deliver visas for more than 2 days
(However, visas for 7 days can be delivered from the airport in Lomé).