1. Beaver Water District - http://www.bwdh2o.org/ - general information and great lessons for teachers.
2. Bessie B. Moore Center for Economic Education - http://bmcee.uark.edu/ - lessons for teachers, online
Arkansas history games, resources from water seminar, youth entrepreneurship, personal finance online
PD modules for teachers.
3. Council for Economic Education – EconEdLink Lessons on Water:
a. Tapped Dry: How Do You Solve a Water Shortage? For grades 9 – 12
b. There is Something in the Water – for grades 6 – 8
c. Water, Water, Everywhere – for grades K – 2
4. Who Owns Water lesson - http://www.ecologycenter.org/tfs/pdf/2002summer/whoownswater.pdf .
Article complements lesson - http://ecologycenter.org/terrain/issues/summer-2002/from-source-to-sink/
5. Global Water Network – linking awareness to action. http://www.globalwaternetwork.org/ Describes
and maps water issues around the globe and includes ways you can help.
6. Lakes & Rivers in Arkansas: http://www.arkansas.com/lakes-rivers/ - nice video of Arkansas lakes and
7. Water.org - http://water.org/ - cofounded by Matt Damon. Site includes many videos, stories and
updates about water crisis and possible solutions around the world. Includes facts about water needs and
8. Water Use Calculator - http://www.waterbudgets.com/ConserVision/CUWCC/DataInput.htm .
9. Earthday Network – http://www.earthday.org/education - Water: An Amazing Precious Resource is a
good lesson that includes a personal water audit.
10. Arkansas Tourism - http://www.arkansas.com/find_map/regionmap2.aspx - use this map to show all the
waterways of Arkansas plus national and historic sites, museums, cities, roads and more. For specific river
maps - http://www.arkansas.com/maps/waterway.aspx .
11. EPA Office of Water - http://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/ow.html
12. EPA WaterSense - http://www.epa.gov/WaterSense/kids/index.html - lots of good info on water
conservation. Includes an online game.
13. Film – Grand Canyon Adventure: Conserving the Colorado River – Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. – environmental
activists tells the story of the Colorado River’s diminishing water.
14. Water History.org – http://www.waterhistory.org/ - some interesting photos and information about
ancient water systems around the world.
15. Economist Special Report on Water - http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-economist-special-
reports/id313848632 - Currently #14. GREAT resource for an overview of the issue.
16. National Geographic Special Issue on Water YouTube video overview -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylLRbs42_wk . Great resources for your students.
17. National Geographic Special Issue on Water http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/04/table-of-
contents . For photos of people around the world dealing with water shortage -
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/04/water-slaves/johnson-photography . For video summaries
of articles - http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/video/player - Several good videos on water but check
out Burden of Thirst.
18. Water Issues in Arkansas: An Unfinished Story . . . Summary Report by Winthrop Rockefeller
Foundation, June 2008. By Kent Thornton, Chistina Laurin, Joe Nix.
19. The Source – a quarterly publication of Beaver Water District – Spring, Summer and Fall 2010 – The
Value of Water.
20. Econ-Exchange: Economics, the Environment, and Water – Volume 10, Number 1, Spring 2006 –
publication of the Powell Center for Economic Literacy.