H.D. Stafford P.A.C. Minutes
March 17, 2010
Attendance – Elaine Bridger, Linda Hassell, Kara Mazer, Sharla Mauger, Michele Smith, Lori
Brett, Candy Ashdown, Roxanne Bubb
Agenda & Minutes
Motion to accept previous minutes made by Lori Woods, 2nd by Linda Hassell, Passed.
Motion to accept agenda made by Michelle Smith, 2nd by Linda Hassell, Passed.
President - Attended Catchment PAC meeting, for all catchment elementary schools, L.S.S.
Stafford. Very successful, great parent participation. Next meeting maybe end of
January to coincide with registration forms for next year. Will provide info when
it becomes available.
V.President - Spoke with Clayborn Middle School PAC President. Brainstormed for
fundraising and parent involvement.
• Concession during basketball Tournament = $300! Successful!
• Spoke with feeder school PACs to talk about parent involvement, who
“Stafford” is and invited any new ideas.
Treasurer - submitted financial statements & balance sheets for February 2010
Discussed & voted on the following motions:
• “West Langley elementary PAC puts forward a motion to have a forensic audit
performed on the Langley School District’s Finances to start no later than April 30, 2010,
covering the school years beginning 06/07 to 09/10.”
• Motion Passed
• “Alice Brown PAC moves to have PACs vote on whether or not parents would like
DPAC to be able to have 30 minutes at the beginning of General Meetings to discuss
issues candidly prior to District representatives attending the meeting.”
• Motion Passed
• “LSS PAC moves that DPAC requests the Langley Board of Education provide DPAC,
and the Public at large, with a report on the effects of the budget cuts due to the deficit.
The intent of this motion is not to provoke a response constructed of dollar figures, but
for the District to produce a comprehensive list of the programs and services denied the
students of Langley based on the budget cuts.”
• Motion Passed Unanimously
Fundraising – “Newsies”, Spring Play Concession April 21st & 22nd. Lori will contract Brian
looking for drama parent volunteers.
• Big Brothers Clothing Drive – Lori Woods will organize
• Extreme Eco – discussion, Lori Woods will look into it.
• Neufeld’s finished this Friday, March 19th
Spring Athletic Banquet – June 17th. Parent Volunteers needed to set up/break down & serve
Communication Plan – discussion tabled to next meeting.
• Well we’re finally able to get rid of Mr. Kozlovic and get a real vice principal into the
school. (Just kidding) Welcome to Mr. Scott Johnson who comes to us from Langley
Fundamental Middle & Secondary School.
• We had probably one of our best ever school events on Friday, Feb 26th
when we had a Team Day and Olympic events going on, followed by an emotional
goodbye to Mr. Kozlovic.
• We are in the midst of Budget Planning for next year. I should have more
details next meeting
• Very successful Winter Sports Banquet was held prior to Spring Break.
• Our Gr. 5 school visits finished just prior to the break…lots of kids excited
about coming next year.
• Our Gr. 5 parent night is on Tuesday March 23rd at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 9:04 p.m.
Next meeting will be held in the Stafford Library at 7:0 p.m., April 14th, 2010.