KPCL BID DOCUMENT RTPS
KARNATAKA POWER CORPORATION LIMITED
(RAICHUR THERMAL POWER STATION)
No.KPCL/2012-13/OW/WORK_INDENT 1209 Office of the
Executive Engineer (CCM),
Raichur Thermal Power Station,
Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd.,
Date: 14th Sept 2012
NOTICE INVITING TENDER
(TWO COVER SYSTEM)
(Through e-Procurement Portal Only)
01. The Executive Engineer (CCM) invites item rate tenders from eligible
tenderers registered in KPCL for the following works of RTPS detailed in the
table given below.
Approx. EMD @2.5 Contract
value of % of Amount period for Class of
Name of work works put to Tender completion contrac
No fees (Non
(Rupees (amount in of work -tor
in Lakhs) Rupees)
MAINTENANCE OF Class-
SEWAGE As per
Six III and
TREATMENT PLANT 4.49 11225 e-proc
@ SHAKTINAGAR months above
TO MARCH 2013).
Calendar of Events:
Last date for receipt of tenders on 22.9.2012 up to 15.00Hrs
Date of opening of technical bid is on 25.9.2012 at 15.30Hrs
02. Tender documents may be downloaded from Government of Karnataka
e-procurement website https://eproc.karnataka.gov.in under login for
After login to Contractors, Please scroll down to the right side bottom to see
List of tenders, please click there to find the details of NIT and download
copy of the tender. The tender can be downloaded in the portal as per
prescribed date and time published in the portal. Only interested
Contractors who wish to participate should remit on line transaction fee for
tender after registering in the portal. The transaction fee is non-refundable.
03. Tenders must be accompanied by Earnest Money Deposit which should be
paid online through e-Procurement portal using any of the following
a) Credit Card,
KPCL BID DOCUMENT RTPS
b) Direct Debit,
c) National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT),
d) Over the Counter (OTC) (only through designated branches of Axis
04. Tenders must be electronically submitted (online through internet) within
the date and time published in e-procurement portal. First Cover Tenders
will be opened at prescribed time and date in the e-procurement portal, in
the presence of the Tenderers who wish to attend at the Office of the
Executive Engineer (CCM), KPCL, RTPS, Shaktinagar – 584 170,
05. Other details can be seen in the tender documents.
01. Any reputed individual/Company registered as Class- III & above Contractor
with KPCL is eligible to apply.
02. No Joint Venture /Consortium are permissible.
03. Tenderers shall not be under declaration of ineligibility for corrupt and
fraudulent practices issued by the Government of Karnataka.
04. None of the contracts of the tenderer should have been terminated/ foreclosed
on account of his default in KPC or else where during last ten years.
05. The bidder should have following documents;
a. Income tax PAN.
b. K. VAT clearance certificate.
c. K-VAT registration certificate & composition.
d. Independent PF code.
e. Service tax registration certificate.
06. The tender is of two cover system.
The Bidder should upload scanned copies of the following documents.
COVER-I ( Technical bid)
a) Appropriate Class of Registration of Contractor certificate issued by
b) The declaration by the bidder that none of his contracts have been
terminated/foreclosed on account of his default in KPC or else where
during last ten years.
c) 1) Income tax PAN.
2) K. VAT clearance certificate.
3) K-VAT registration certificate & composition.
4) Independent PF code.
5) Service tax registration certificate.
d) Declaration that bidder’s offer has no conditions contravening the
commercial conditions of the bid.
KPCL BID DOCUMENT RTPS
e) Declaration by the bidder that he has studied the site conditions, labour
conditions and read the Bid documents and related matters carefully and
diligently and that he has submitted the bid having studied, understood
and accepted the full implications of the agreement.
COVER-II ( Financial bid)
Tender Schedule- B (Price Bid).
07. The original documents should be produced for verification at any stage of
tender process as and when sought for, failing which, the bids are liable for
08. Rates shall be quoted in Tender Schedule-B (Financial Bid) in the website
09. For those tenderers whose Technical bids satisfy the eligibility criteria and
who has furnished all the necessary documents, only their financial Bids will
10. The tender shall be valid for 180 days from the date of submission of tenders.
11. The tender document is part and parcel of the agreement.
12. Conditional tenders will not be accepted.
13. KPCL reserves the right to verify any information/documents furnished by
the tenderer should the circumstances so warrant. In case the information or
the documents furnished are found to be incorrect/false or invalid then the
EMD furnished by such tenderer shall be forfeited. The registration of such
tenderer shall also be cancelled.
14. Right to reject any or all the tenders without assigning any reasons rests with
the accepting authority.
15. The successful bidders shall give an undertaking that they would abide by
the provisions of the Employee’s Provident Fund Act.
16. The contractor shall obtain insurance coverage for all the workers working in
17. The contractor shall quote his rates inclusive of Service Tax and inclusive of
all other applicable taxes, levies, duties and Cess, Building worker welfare
Cess (if applicable) etc., as per the latest G.O.K. and Government of India
notification prevailing as on the date of NIT. Service tax will be borne by you.
18. The bidder shall submit a declaration indicating the applicability of
service tax under scheme as per S.T Act-in the indicated Format. The
bids without declaration will be liable for rejection.
19. The contractor shall quote his rates inclusive of PF as per the applicable
rates as issued by the PF Department from time to time and if any variations
occur, it shall be paid/refunded by / to the Corporation against the
20. KPCL shall recover the income tax, work contract tax, VAT etc., at the
prevailing applicable rates.
21. The bidder should maintain register of labour deployed and wages paid for
the workers as per the notified schedule employment in Karnataka under the
Minimum Wages Act 1948 dated 12-03-2010, and shall produce the
documents whenever called for by the competent authority. Wages paid shall
be as per the latest notification under the above act.
KPCL BID DOCUMENT RTPS
22. Contractor should have independents PF Code. The Contractor shall remit PF
of labourers to contractors permanent PF code Number only and “not to the
KPCL PF Sub – Code”.
23. In case the dates notified above are declared as holiday, the immediate next
working day shall be reckoned.
24. If the contractor makes any alterations in the conditions of the contract or
puts any condition of his own, such tenders are liable for rejection.
25. Any other information required may be obtained from the office of the
undersigned during office hours.
26. Further details of the work can be obtained in the office of the Executive
Engineer (CCM), KPCL, RTPS, Shaktinagar, during office hours.
27. The tender Notification along with Blank Tender Form will be accessible in
the e-procurement website (www.eproc.karnataka.gov.in)
28. Aspiring Bidders/Contractors who have not obtained the user ID and
Password for participating in e-procurement in Karnataka Power Corporation
Limited may now obtain the same from the website
29. Corrigendum/modification/corrections, if any, will be published in the
website only. For any clarification on e-procurement or request for e-
procurement training can be contacted on Chief Engineer (Civil Thermal)
KPCL, RTPS, Shaktinagar-584170 or office phone 08532 – 246164 or HP
HELPDESK – 080-22485927/22485867.
EXECUTIVE ENGINEER (CCM)
KPCL, RTPS, Shaktinagar-584 170
CC: ED(T) for kind information.
CCET for kind information.
GMCC for kind information.
CTS – 1,2,3 for kind information.
AGM(FT) for kind information.
Contractor Association, Inani Building, Near Main Gate, S’Nagar for
information & for wide circulation,
District Tender bulletin Officer/ DC, Raichur for kind information.
ACCM/ED(T) office for information & to arrange for single
publication of the nit in local newspaper.
EE(TA) for information.
AEE – 2 for information/notice Board.