• Why not!?
• It’s everywhere
• It’s impressive, especially when:
– You use as much color as possible
– Leverage the POWER of animations
– Incorporate dozens of pictures
A Picture is worth a thousand
• This slide has 10,000 nuggets of
PowerPoint is a very effective
way to share information.
• You can say a lot in a powerpoint presentation. For example, you can
use letters, numbers and even symbols. Come to think of it, you can
also use charts, tables, pictures, and even video clips. To really jazz
things up, you can even narrate your presentation. That will show
• You can use lot of different fonts. Or font colors. You can even make
certain words bold or italic, or even underlined. If you really want to get
crazy, you can even use small caps. That’s really cool.
• Some people think you shouldn’t put too much information on a slide. I
would say, how could you ever have too much information. Afterall,
isn’t knowledge power? Or wisdom. Or something like that.
• One thing you have to watch out for, though, is that your text doesn’t go
off the bottom of the slide. That can be a little embarrassing. Of
course, that kind of thing would never happen to a real pro like me, but
you never know - you can’t be too careful
Diagrams = Clarity
QuickTime™ an d a
YUV420 codec decompressor
are need ed to see this p icture .
COLOR, COLOR, COLOR
Don’t be afraid of using color…
…lots of color!
Don’t Believe the Hype!