Pay attention to the following during your first
• Select a program of study. Advising
• Choose from course options appropriate for your
• Become familiar with college policies and procedures.
• Learn how to use Bannerweb.
• Explore interests, abilities, personality traits, etc.
• Explore and develop a preliminary academic plan.
• Meet with your Advisor to discuss your goals and how
the semester is going. Planning and good decision making
are key to being a successful student.
• Reevaluate your educational goals.
• Explore connections between interests and strengths As soon as possible:
and potential majors and careers.
• Arrange for experiences that will help clarify goals and Select a program of study
interests. Review your program
• Make course selections that progress towards
completion of your academic plan. requirements
• Utilize College resources and support services such as
the library, tutoring, etc.