REQUEST TO FILL POSITION
SUPERVISOR: LAST INCUMBENT:
OFFICE/UNIT DATE POSITION BECAME VACANT:
DESIRED START DATE:
CLASSIFICATION TITLE AND NUMBER: POSITION NUMBER:
Double-fill Under-fill Over-fill
EMPLOYEE TYPE REPRESENTATION WORK SCHEDULE
Permanent Management Service Full-time
Academic Year Executive Service Part-time ─ specify work schedule
Limited Duration SEIU-Represented Intermittent (substitute)
begin date end date STEA- Represented
ANNOUNCEMENT TYPE ANNOUNCEMENT DURATION
Open Competitive Agency promotion One week Three weeks
Statewide promotion Other Two weeks One month
Agency transfer or voluntary demotion
Statement of need and consequences of not filling this position. Include the purpose of this position from Section 2b of
the position description.
Does this vacancy impact the agency’s ability to comply with statute, court order, or federal mandate?
Can this work be accomplished by transferring it to other positions or rotating existing staff with no or negligible impact to
budget? If not, why not?
Form 581-1348-I (Rev. 4/12)
1. This position is supervisory.
2. This position affects the agency’s ability to deliver and/or provide expected services.
3. This position has a direct impact on the ability of the agency to ensure accountability and economy
in the expenditure of funds or the execution of programs.
4. Leaving the position vacant will result in a loss of funding (such as collection of revenue),
generation of funds, or will result in a net loss of federal or grant funds to the program.
5. Leaving the position vacant will adversely and directly impact our required compliance with statute,
court orders, or federal mandates.
6. The position duties have been carefully reviewed and it has been determined filling the position is
the best use of funding resources.
This position is budgeted in the agency allocation for our office, or new revenue is available and hereby certify that I am
legally authorized to expend assigned funds for this request and that funds and limitation from the following index
numbers(s) are available:
Index Percent GF FF OF Program Director Date
Fiscal Analyst Initials
Assistant Superintendent Date
For Human Resources/Budget Use Only
ODE Staffing Committee Approve Deny
Funded Yes No
Aligns PICS Yes No N/A
If No – source: Budget and Analysis Date
Position duties are appropriately classified: (HR initials)
Span of Control Ratio (management/executive positions only):
Number of positions in this class in ODE:
Number of positions in this class in the Office: Human Resources Date
Assistant Superintendent, OFA Date
Deputy Superintendent Date