TEACHING PERFORMANCE & CERTIFICATION CENTER Semester: Fall O
Kean University – College of Education Spring O
Willis 110 – Union, NJ 07083
Phone: 908-737-4185/Fax: 908-737-4115/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Year ______________
ASSESSMENT of UNIVERSITY SUPERVISOR (Adjunct)
Professional Intern Perspective
University Supervisor Name: ____________________________________________________
Directions: This assessment is to be completed independently of the supervisor and must be returned to the Teaching Performance Center one week before the end of the semester.
Darken the ovals completely using a blue or black pen - Like this: . Do not X or check the circle. All erasures must be complete.
Program: Bilingual O Early Childhood OElementary O ESL OFine Arts OEd of D/HH OMusic OHealth/PE OSecondary OSpeech Path OTeacher of Handicapped O
Below is a list of supervisory practices. Using the scale below, please indicate the frequency of these practices evidenced by your university supervisor. Additional space is provided for your comments.
1 – Rarely 2 – Sometimes 3 – Most of the time 4 – Always
The university supervisor demonstrated knowledge of: 12. Encouraged the development of critical thinking and problem 12.
1. Subject matter incorporating national standards, NJ CCCS & 1. solving in P-12 students
NJ PTS* for supervising at this area or level. 13. Encouraged strategies for the incorporation of technology/media 13.
2. A variety of teaching methods & differentiated instructional strategies. 2. 14. Completed narrative reports and appropriate assessments. 14.
3. Diverse student learning styles and appropriate assessment methods. 3.
15. Established and met scheduled supervisory visits in accordance with 15.
4. Classroom management theories and their application. 4. State and met University requirements.
5. Current research on teaching and learning. 5. 16. Provided sufficient time for conferring following each observation. 16.
6. Realistic expectations and outcomes for the professional intern. 6. with professional intern and cooperating teacher.
17. Conducted conferences in a positive and constructive manner. 17.
The university supervisor:
7. Communicated his/her performance expectations to the professional 7.
intern & the cooperating teacher with regard to lesson planning,
journal, portfolio, supervisory observation, conferences & evaluations. DISPOSITIONS/VALUES
The university supervisor:
8. Evaluated intern’s performance based on the criteria of the 8. 18. Maintained a professional relationship with intern. 18.
Field Experience Competency Assessment.
19. Maintained a professional relationship with the cooperating teacher 19.
9. Provided specific oral & written feedback. 9. and school personnel.
10. Identified specific areas of strength and made appropriate 10. 20. Supported the development of intern’s self-confidence. 20.
recommendations for areas of improvement. 21. Encouraged reflection and innovation related to teaching and learning. 21.
11. Read and critiqued lesson plans, unit plans, journal & portfolio. 11. 22. Showed enthusiasm for teaching and the field of education. 22.
*New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards & New Jersey Professional Teaching Standards C:\Docstoc\Working\pdf\cc7e0e83-ceea-497e-8a2d-6e3a6e7c902a.doc