JACQUE WEISS, SPHR
Ridgewood, NJ - 201.410.1812 - email@example.com - http://www.linkedin.com/in/jacquednweiss
HR Director | Generalist | Trainer | Recruiter | Career Coach
HR leader and respected Business Partner committed to making a positive difference in the business I serve for the people I support.
Functioning from both a strategic and transactional perspective, I create, lead and implement HR initiatives that support achieving
business goals and productive work environments, while improving retention. I have exceptional communication skills along with
strong analytical and technology aptitudes and facilitate awareness with humor, insight, and understanding. Expertise includes:
Employee Relations & Performance Management Recruitment & Staff Retention
Talent Assessment, Training & Development Compensation & Budget Planning
Internal & Web Communications HRIS & In-House Systems
Partner/Human Resource Management Consultant 2009 to present
Established and managed a top tier MBA Finance recruitment program for a Retailer in bankruptcy restructuring offering high
risk/high return opportunities; writer, editor and designer of a wide range of internal, external and web communications for this
retailer including position descriptions, recruitment collateral, web content, and print publications; co-founder and partner in a career
development consultancy; leader of a results-focused career transition/networking group; job lead developer for a green/sustainability
LLC and foundation.
CRUM & FORSTER, Morristown, New Jersey 2006 to 2008
Director of Field and Home Office Human Resources
Directed 7 person Generalist/ER team; HR Business Partner to 5 major profit center heads who managed an employee population in
excess of 2000. Originally hired as Sr. Generalist.
U.S. Fire Insurance Company (dba Crum & Forster) is a division of Fairfax Financial Holdings, Ltd., Ontario, Canada. At third
quarter close 2008 gross written premium was 794K, revenues were 1.15M and Shareholder equity was 1.3M.
• Turned around a diminished HR function in less than a year, building credibility and respect with corporate leadership
following a 90% turnover of the previous HR team.
• Developed and implemented an objective setting/performance management system linked to the HRIS, bringing heightened
focus to proactive staff development, effectiveness assessment and the company from 50% to 95% timely compliance.
• Reorganized Generalist function and client assignment accountability to increase operational and financial efficiency,
resulting in a 50% cost reduction and increasing the company ROI in HR.
NRT, (Divison of Cendant), Parsippany, New Jersey 2005 to 2006
Regional Interim Field HR Director; Compensation Project Consultant
Led a Generalist team of 5 supporting the Northeast region licensing and employee/agent population of 6,500 people. NRT owned
and operated companies in over 35 of the nation’s largest metropolitan markets, under the COLDWELL BANKER®, ERA® and,
SOTHEBY'S INTERNATIONAL REALTY® brand names and closed 2005 with a sales volume of 230 billion.
• Launched a monthly audit process for payroll and HRIS record changes to comply with Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
• Analyzed questionnaires on all jobs across the corporation for FLSA compliance project in Corporate Compensation;
condensed and wrote position descriptions for newly established job titles at NRT.
NORMAN LANDSBERG, New York, NY 2003 to 2005
Sales, Design and Analysis
Weiss, Jacque - Resume - Page 2
Luxury high-end diamond and fine jewelry design and sales to exclusive clientele in family business with annual sales over 1M in the
Diamond Exchange on 47th Street in Manhattan.
• Developed desktop management tools for tracking and analysis of the family owned real estate business revenues.
THE GREAT A&P TEA COMPANY, Montvale, New Jersey 1999 to
V.P., Field and Corporate Recruitment and Retention; V.P., Human Resources/Generalist, Corporate and Information Systems
Member of the HR leadership team serving the Generalist needs of Corporate HQ, Information Technology and the US Co. Managed
a staff of 3 - 5 professionals for A&P Supermarkets, an 11 B retail/manufacturing corporation of 800+ stores in the U.S. and Canada.
• Co-created the Human Resource and Information Technology tools and processes for ‘everGReen’, an ERP whose outcome
aligned the business and technology framework to support future growth of a sustainable enterprise.
• Established recruitment as a shared service center of excellence for the corporation and U.S. Company.
• Redesigned and launched company employment website and the A&P US Co. presence on Monster.com, building profiles
and training users. Invited to join Monster Executive Diversity Roundtable forum.
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP, New York, NY 1993 to 1999
Director, Information Services Group Human Resources; Director/Manager, Corporate Staffing
Hands on leader, managing the 2.3M budget and recruitment analysis for Corporate Staffing while supervising the work of a staff of
20-25. Generalist and leader of HR team which supported domestic Information Technology.
AIG was the world’s leading U.S. based international insurance and financial services organization, the largest underwriter of
commercial and industrial insurance in the United States, and among the top-ranked U.S. life insurers.
• Established career development practices in a high turnover staffing unit that promoted collaborative teamwork and open
communications resulting in over 25 promotions and significantly improved retention.
• Introduced and implemented the Career Opportunities Program, promoting internal mobility to employees, resulting in 500K
savings in its first year.
• Managed the partnerships with America Works, a welfare to work program, Adopt-a-School mentoring with Brandeis High
School students and invited by Trinity Church to be a member of the Downtown Business Alliance, representing AIG.
BANKERS TRUST COMPANY (now Deutsche Bank), New York, NY 1987 to 1993
Technology Human Resources Recruitment Assistant; Executive Assistant to the CIO
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
WILLIAM PATERSON UNIVERSITY, College of Education, Wayne, NJ
BA in Education; 27 credits toward MA. Accepted for early admission into the English Honors Program.
CORNELL SCHOOL OF INDUSTRIAL & LABOR RELATIONS
Human Resource Certificate
FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNIVERSITY, SHRM & HRCI
SHRM -- Transitioning to Green LLC -- Institute for Sustainable Enterprise -- Neighbors-helping-Neighbors -- indigoforce, LLC
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher; user of various HRIS/IT/Recruitment tracking systems.