TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS :
1. The existing pantry i.e. the cooking area shall be converted into a modular
kitchen i.e. different modules of kitchen units, cabinets and accessories to
form the kitchen design. The modules shall be designed and fixed in
such a manner that they suit the size, length and breadth of kitchen and
the kitchen gives an elegant, organized and vibrant look and spice up life.
Design shall also ensure ample storage by optimum utilization of the
available space and assimilate aesthetics and functionality in the kitchen
and lie in the fact that they make cooking a celebration.
2. The modular kitchen shall ensure less environmental hazard and less
pollution. All the modules shall be of maintenance free design blended
with beauty and utility in kitchen. In case of repair at any point, the
particular module can be dismantled, amended and replaced easily.
3. Modules shall be galvanized sheet, rust free, termite free and screw less.
The assembled units right from making modules from individual shutters
will form the complete kitchen unit.
4. Shutters shall be made out of 18 mm thick (minimum) MDF duly routed as
per design and 0.4 mm PVC oil pressed in positive pressure membrance
with pre-laminated / post form variety. All hinges shall be made of
stainless steel. Telescopic channels used shall be of heavy duty and
have minimum life of 10 (ten) years.
5. All baskets and trays shall be made of stainless steel and shall be rust-
free and termite-proof.
6. The glass panes wherever fixed in the shutters shall be of minimum 4 mm
thick, properly glazed and heat and abrasion resistant and reputed make
shall be properly secured.
7. The glass sheets wherever used as shelf shall be of minimum 10 mm
thickness and toughened quality of reputed make.
8. The gas ovens shall be of reputed make with SS finish and have two gas
burners per oven.
9. Making of openings in the brick masonry for outlet of the kitchen chimney
(ies) and making them good to give a smooth finish and elegant tool
including painting wherever required shall be done by the contractor at his
cost. No additional amount shall be paid on this account by EPI.
10. Drawing of power i.e. electrical wires from the nearest junction box/PDB to
the power socket including casings, chasing, wires, power socket for
electrical connection to the chimney shall l be done by the contactor at his
own cost. No additional amount shall be paid on this account by EPI.
11. Available kitchen size at Girls’ Hostel of College of Home Science, Tura,
Meghalaya which will be converted to modular kitchen is 3150 mm by
3000 mm. A sketch furnishing the size of the existing kitchen containing
the pantry is enclosed. The modules to be provided in the kitchen should
be incorporated clearly in the enclosed sketch by blocks accommodating
the above area of kitchen.
12. The sketch duly incorporated with the modules in blocks has to be
submitted in the techno commercial par of the bid.