1 lb Ground Beef
½ medium Onion
1 – 15 ½ oz Kidney Beans
8 oz Black Olives
¾ c. Salad Dressing (I use Catalina)
1 head Lettuce
½ lb Cheese
1 lb Bag Tortilla Chips
¾ c. Salsa
1. Chop onion on a cutting board into small irregular pieces
2. Brown ground beef with chopped onion on medium heat in a skillet
3. Drain ground beef into an empty can or heat resistant container
4. Wash and shred lettuce
5. Wash and dice tomato
6. Strain kidney beans and black olives together in a colander
7. Slice olives using an egg slicer
8. Grate cheese into a bowl
9. Crush tortilla chips into bite size pieces
10. Just before you’re ready to serve the salad put all the ingredients in a large bowl
11. Pour on dressing
12. Toss ingredients together and enjoy!
Name __________________________________________ Date _________
Taco Salad Demo
1. What’s the first thing we should do when we start cooking in the kitchens?
2. What are you not allowed to eat in the foods room?
3. What does “chop” mean?
4. How do we “chop”? What should we be cutting on?
5. What is cross-contamination?
6. What does “brown” mean?
7. What should we drain the ground beef into? Why?
8. What does “dice” mean?
9. Why would we rinse off the kidney beans?
10. When we “toss” the ingredients together, what does that mean?
11. Did you like the taco salad?