FLORIDA NATIVE PLANT SOCIETY by Rum6BJ7

VIEWS: 0 PAGES: 3

									                    FLORIDA NATIVE PLANT SOCIETY
                          PAWPAW CHAPTER
                BOARD OF DIRECTORS - MEETING MINUTES
                         SEPTEMBER 19, 2004

CALL TO ORDER:

UNFINISHED/ NEW BUSINESS

   FNPS CHAPTER GRANT: Our grant application has been approved. The
    signs are to be delivered thirty days from receipt of payment. A work-party
    has been tentatively scheduled for Sat., Nov.13, at 9:00 a.m. There are 25
    signs to install.

   CHAPTER MEETINGS - SPEAKERS: Author, Ruffino Osario has not
    responded to Walter Jubinsky's requests to present a program at a future
    meeting.

   RAY JARRETT/ GROUP DONATION: To honor Ray, a donation collected
    from our chapter members of $100.00 will be sent by our Treasurer Fran
    Burdick, to the FNPS Science Research Fund in his name.

   VCARG DEFENSE FUND: A donation of $100.00 was sent to: Volusia
    Citizens Alliance for Responsible Growth (POB205, Osteen, FL 32764), along
    with a $50.00 personal donation by member John Carr at our Chapter
    meeting in August.

   CHAPTER WEBSITE: Education Chair, Elizabeth Flynn, has been up dating
    'Up Coming Events' and 'Announcements' on our website. She will continue
    to try and keep website content current. Charles Cuidera will e-mail Don
    Spence a copy of the By-Laws for posting on-line.

   HOLLY HILL LIBRARY: Walt and Charles are to provide Don with the
    necessary site-plan details he will need to develop a Florida Native landscape
    plan for the building frontage. A Chapter 'planting work-party' will be
    established when the landscape plan is approved and plant availability has
    been established.

   SUGAR MILL GARDENS: The Florida Native Plant Festival with "Full Moon
    Natives" nursery has been postponed indefinitely due to recent storm
    damage.

   MASTER GARDENER WORKSHOP: The Flagler County Master Gardener
    Workshop celebrating Florida Native plants is scheduled for Sat., October
    23rd (8:00a.m. - 3:00p.m.) at the Flagler Agricultural Center. A Chairperson
    and more volunteers are needed. Elizabeth has volunteered to co-chair this
    activity.
   LIABILITY INSURANCE: We are continuing are search for affordable
    Liability Coverage for our Chapter meetings and official Field Trips. Charles is
    investigating our past coverage (Mitchell-Noel Ins), and current market
    availability. The Lease for our meetings at SICA Community Hall states that
    'the Lessee is responsible' for any Personal Injury or Property damage
    challenges.

   NEW CHAPTER KIOSK: We are in need of a functional kiosk and folding
    table for our public out-reach activities. Charles has been investigating the
    desirable design features and reviewed the purchase specifics for an "Eclipse
    II Aluminum" model (Minimum Cost delivered = $528.40, without optional
    FNPS logo and other supporting graphics) from "EZ-UP" (Costa Mesa, CA). A
    number of Board members present felt that incurring such an expense (for
    equipment used so infrequently) is prohibitive. No further action on this issue
    was decided upon.

   NEW FNPS BROCHURE: Don has taken delivery of a limited number of new
    FNPS informational brochures. We all concur, --they're terrific!

   CHAPTER ANNUAL BUDGET: A suggestion was made that, a projected
    'operating budget' (based on our financial records, recollection, and forecast)
    be developed by the Board of Directors in Jan/Feb. of each year. It is
    believed that this would a significant aid to the Board in establishing goals for
    the Chapter, and allocating the resources necessary to accomplish them.

   NOMINATING COMMITTE 2005: Don has volunteered to Chair this activity.
    Barbara Kieran has volunteered to serve on the Committee. A third member
    will be solicited at our next Chapter meeting (Tuesday, Sept. 21st.)

   ANNUAL PLANT ACTION: Our December meeting will start at 6:00p.m.
    Charles will ask Ray Jarrett to be our Auctioneer. Everyone is asked to bring
    Florida Native plants and related paraphernalia to donate for sale, and to
    bring a dish and (or) beverage for a potluck feast.

   CHAPTER MEETING FORMAT: Beginning with our regular meeting in
    October, it was agreed that we would try 'opening-the-doors' to our regular
    meetings at 6:30p.m. We believe that this would promote more socializing
    and educational discovery for our members. Members are encouraged to
    initiate activities and discussions germane to the mission of FNPS during this
    time-period.

    Meeting schedule was also discussed. It was agreed that welcoming our
    guests and introducing our featured speaker promptly at 7:00p.m. --allowing
    forty minutes for program presentation and NMT fifteen minutes for
    subsequent Q & A and discussion seems reasonable. Furthermore, the target
    time-length of our Business meetings will be thirty minutes. Our meetings
    should end with enough time for adequate clean-up and building exit by
    9:00p.m. The Board solicits everyone's cooperation in making our meetings
    both informative and enjoyable!

   NEXT BOD MEETING IS NOVEMBER 7TH AT 3:00- 5:00 P.M. Hosts:
    Elizabeth & Tom Flynn tf@pobox.com Tel: 386-673-9543 Location: 4
    Maryann Terrace, Ormond Beach, FL 32174

								
To top