Key Interview Questions
Questions You Might Be Asked
All interview questions are really the same question: Why should we hire you? Your task is to answer
them in a way that convinces the potential employer that you are the right person for the job. Some of
the possible variations on the question "Why should we hire you?" are presented below
Note: All questions that you are asked in an interview should focus on your qualifications.
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Tell me about your education.
3. Why have you chosen this particular field?
4. Why are you interested in a practicum position with this organization?
5. How do you think you will fit into this training opportunity?
6. How do others describe you?
7. What are your strengths?
8. If you were accepted for a practicum position, what ideas/talents/strengths could you contribute to
the training program?
9. What do you consider your most noteworthy accomplishment?
10. What is your major weakness?
11. Describe your best/worst supervisor?
12. As a counselor, what interests you the most/least?
13. What have you done to develop or change in the last few years?
14. Where do you see yourself in three years?
15. Do you have any questions for me?
Source: Creative Job Search from the Minnesota Department of Economic Security