Academic Honor Code
Cherryville High School strives to provide to the students an environment that
encourages honesty and integrity. Students should be aware that their teachers
and staff will not condone nor ignore any acts of dishonesty and that anyone
discovered cheating will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action.
Students are expected to do the following:
1. Refrain from any acts of academic dishonesty
2. Refuse to aide any others in acts of academic dishonesty.
3. Notify the staff of any cheating by others.
Academic Dishonesty includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Plagiarism (submitting another person’s work as your own).
2. Submission of falsified data, written or oral.
3. Copying another student’s work during an exam.
4. Theft or unauthorized access to an exam.
5. Changing altering or fabricating a grade, score or any other
6. Unauthorized communication with any other person during an
7. Stealing, tampering with or damaging school computer files, library
materials or other school property.
8. Stealing or destroying work of another student.
9. Copying text off of the Internet without proper documentation of
text is considered cheating.
Academic dishonesty will have consequences:
1. The teacher will assign an F or zero for the work in question and
refer incidents to administration
2. The administration will notify the parents and if the student is in the
National Honor Society the student will be placed on probation.
3. A second occurrence will result in the student being suspended from
school at the discretion of administration.
4. Any occurrence by a National Honor Society member will result in
probation or exclusion from membership. (Discussion made by
administration and club advisors).